Corsair HS65 Surround Gaming Headset Review
Peter Donnell / 1 month ago
Corsair has been a leading name for high-end PC hardware for as many years as I can remember. In that time, I’ve seen a vast range of headsets coming from Corsair, ranging from affordable models to some incredible flagships. While the new HS65 sits somewhere closer to the high-end of the pricing scale, at around £80, it’s packing some extremely enticing features that give it excellent value for money for any PC gaming enthusiast. I’ve had many things to say about previous generations of Corsair headsets, and this one certainly looks like it’s undergone some upgrades, so let’s check it out!
Corsair HS65 Surround
It’s certainly well equipped, and comes with their new and improved design and ergonomics, resulting in a sleeker headset than before that weighs just 282 grams. While the headset is hard-wired, it comes with a flip-to-mute microphone and on-ear volume control for ease of use. However, it’s the latest 50mm neodymium drivers that I’m more interested in. While using the included USB adapter, the headset can process Dolby Audio 7.1 surround sound, however, this will require the use of Corsair iCUE software on PC and Mac to enable. There’s an alternative cable with a 3.5mm jack, which will allow you to use the headset on consoles, mobile, and more, but it will be limited to the standard stereo mode. However, it does support Sony Tempest 3D Audio on PlayStation 5. Furthermore, the headset supports SonarWorks Sound ID Technology, helping you tune the HS65 headset to your own personal hearing range.
- Hours of Comfortable Gaming: Leatherette memory foam ear cups with soft fabric, a mesh grill ear cup design, and an adjustable headband with aluminium-reinforced construction provide lightweight comfort at just 282g.
- Great Gaming Audio: High-quality, custom-tuned 50mm neodymium audio drivers deliver excellent sound with the range needed to hear everything on the battlefield, plus support for Sony Tempest 3D audio on PS5.
- Dolby Audio 7.1 Surround Sound on PC and Mac: The included USB adapter enables a multi-channel audio experience, putting you right in the middle of your game.
- SonarWorks SoundID Technology: For customized sound control that tailors your headset settings to your personal audio tastes on PC and Mac.
- Multi-Platform Compatibility: Play on PC, PS5/PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices via a 3.5mm connector.
What Corsair Had to Say
“The CORSAIR HS65 SURROUND Gaming Headset delivers all-day comfort and sound with memory foam leatherette ear pads and Dolby® Audio 7.1 surround sound on PC and Mac, bolstered by lightweight construction reinforced with aluminium. Sonarworks SoundID Technology personalizes your headset settings to match your audio taste. An Omni-directional microphone picks up your voice loud and clear, and custom-tuned 50mm neodymium audio drivers offer great sound quality and range. A 3.5mm audio connector ensures wide compatibility across most devices, including PC, Mac, Xbox Series X | S, PS5/PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile. Powerful CORSAIR iCUE Software unlocks audio equalizer settings, multi-channel 7.1 surround sound, and more. Complete with convenient on-ear volume and mute controls, the HS65 SURROUND enables you to press play on great sound.” – Corsair