Corsair K55 RGB PRO XT Keyboard Review
Peter Donnell / 2 weeks ago
When it comes to some of the finest PC gaming keyboards on the market, Corsair is likely the brand many of you think of first. They’ve been the king of the mechanical keyboard market for as long as I can remember. However, while Corsair may dominate when it comes to their flagship models, they’ve still got a lot of love for those wanting something a little more down to Earth, and those wanting something a lot more affordable too. Today marks the launch of the new Corsair K55 RGB Pro and the Corsair K55 RGB XT, their latest feature-stuffed membrane keyboard!
We have the K55 RGB Pro XT in for review, which is the more expensive of the two, as it has more advanced RGB hardware, and improved iCUE support with Game Integrations. However, if you want to save a few bucks, the K55 RGB Pro will still offer the same physical performance!
K55 RGB PRO XT
Corsair has really gone all-out on the features here, ensuring this keyboard has as much RGB tech as we’ve come to expect from a Corsair gaming product. You get full per-key RGB backlighting, which comes with iCUE Game Integrations in games like Hyper Scape and The Division 2. There are dedicated multimedia controls, Stream Deck support, and the whole thing is designed to be quiet, waterproof, and durable. So, if you like to work and game late into the evening, and need a keyboard that can withstand endless snacking crumbs and the occasional spilt drink, pay attention!
- Dynamic Per-Key RGB Backlighting: Light up your desktop with ten onboard lighting effects or customize your own vibrant lighting effects with CORSAIR iCUE software.
- Six Dedicated Macro Keys: Activate functions, shortcuts, or keypresses in just one stroke with six dedicated macro keys, easily set up through CORSAIR iCUE software, or use instant streaming commands through Elgato Stream Deck software.
- Dust and Spill-Resistant Design: IP42-rated protection guards against accidents so your gameplay never has to stop.
- Detachable Palm Rest: A soft rubber palm rest reduces stress on your hands so you can play longer in comfort, with a textured surface to keep your hands from slipping.
- Dedicated Volume and Media Keys: Convenient control for media playback and fine-tuning volume on-the-fly without having to interrupt your game.
- Powerful CORSAIR iCUE Software: Offers dynamic RGB lighting control, sophisticated macro programming, system-wide lighting synchronization, and much more, all in a single interface that connects all iCUE-compatible CORSAIR devices throughout your setup.
- iCUE Game Integrations: Experience an unparalleled level of immersion when playing iCUE-integrated games such as Hyper Scape and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, as your RGB lighting dynamically reacts to in-game actions and events in real-time.
- Quiet and Responsive Keys: For comfortable typing during both work and play, with a tactile bump for responsive gaming performance.
- Anti-Ghosting with Selective Key Rollover: Ensures your FPS and MOBA game inputs always register even with simultaneous keypresses.
- Dedicated Windows Key Lock Button: Prevents accidental Windows and contextual menu keypresses to ensure you’ll never interrupt your game at critical moments.
What Corsair Had to Say
“The CORSAIR K55 RGB PRO XT Gaming Keyboard lights up your desktop with vibrant dynamic per-key RGB backlighting and powers up your gameplay with six easy to set up dedicated macro keys. The K55 RGB PRO XT is certified for IP42 dust and spill-resistance to stand up to wear, tear, and more, with a detachable palm rest to ensure all-day comfort. Quiet and responsive keys are comfortable for typing or gaming, and dedicated media keys put play, pause, and more within easy reach. CORSAIR ICUE software makes it easy to personalize your lighting and macros, while anti-ghosting and selective key rollover ensure your critical inputs are delivered when they matter most.” – Corsair