Corsair MP600 PRO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen. 4 x4 SSD Review
Peter Donnell / 8 months ago
Corsair has long been one of the biggest names in the PC business, delivering award-winning hardware throughout all their ranges. They’ve got some of the fastest SSD and memory products on the market too, so it’s safe to say I have very high expectations of their latest drive. The MP600 Pro ticks a lot of high-end boxes, promising PCIe Gen 4 performance for ultra-fast read and write speeds. Plus, at 2TB, it’s a fairly large consumer M.2 drive, although such a capacity isn’t going to be cheap, it’s also available in 500GB and 1TB capacities to suit your requirements and budget.
Corsair MP600 PRO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen. 4 x4 SSD
Of course, it being expensive isn’t really an issue, so long as you’re getting a good return on your investment. With a PCIe Gen4 x4 controller, you’re going to be getting the best performance possible from the latest Intel and AMD platforms. That means sequential read speeds of up to 4950 MB/s and sequential write speeds of 4250 MB/s. At those speeds, you’ll be seeing fewer tool-tips on those loading screens! The drive utilizes the latest 3D TLC NAND, with an endurance rating of up to 3600 TB written. Furthermore, their custom M.2 heatsink is pre-applied to the drive, ensuring the drive is well protected and also keeping it cool to maintain its high-speed performance.
- Extreme Gen4 Storage Performance: A PCIe Gen4 x4 controller delivers up to 4,950 MB/s sequential read and 4,250 MB/s sequential write speeds, for blazing fast read, write, and response times
- High-speed Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 Interface: Using PCIe Gen4 technology for maximum bandwidth, the MP600 delivers incredible storage performance
- High-density 3D TLC NAND: Provides the ideal mix of performance, endurance, and value to keep your drive performing at its best for years
- Outstanding Endurance: Guaranteed for up to 3,600 TB Written, the MP600’s longevity ensures that it will reliably store your data through many years of use
- M.2 2280 Form Factor: Fits directly into your motherboard
- CORSAIR SSD Toolbox Software: Enables advanced drive controls from your desktop including secure erase and firmware updates
What Corsair Had to Say
“The CORSAIR MP600 PRO Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD provides extreme storage performance, using Gen4 PCIe technology to achieve blazing fast speeds of up to 7,000MB/sec sequential read and 6,850MB/sec sequential write. High-density TLC NAND flash memory offers an ideal mix of performance, endurance, and value, with longevity up to 3,600TB Written. Contained in a compact M.2 2280 form factor with a built-in aluminium heatspreader and connecting over a high-speed NVMe 1.4 PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 interface, the MP600 PRO is easy to install into a compatible motherboard and is backed by a five-year warranty. If you’re looking for extreme storage performance, go with Gen4 for blazing fast speed.” – Corsair