Corsair MP700 Pro 2TB PCIe 5.0 NVMe SSD Review
Peter Donnell / 2 weeks ago
The Corsair MP700 Pro is pretty special, as not only is it the fastest SSD Corsair has ever released, but it’s also set to be the fastest we’ve ever reviewed, as it’s our very first PCIe Gen 5.0 drive! Featuring blistering read and write speeds of up to 10,000 MB/s and a choice of 1TB or 2TB capacities, it can more than meet the demands of a high-end PC user. The older MP600 Pro XT maxed out at around 7100 MB/s, so this is a pretty significant upgrade in terms of speed. However, this even more extreme “Pro” version adds more speed, a big cooler, and promises to exceed that performance by quite a significant margin.
Corsair MP700 Pro 2TB Pro
Even cooler than the super-speed of this drive is that we have the even more premium Pro version. The “standard” version comes with just the M.2 drive ready to drop into your motherboard. However, this Pro version comes with a SATA-powered NMVe heatsink and fan combo to ensure the drive can operate at its optimum efficiency and higher-rated read and write speeds. While you may not think that a cooler is needed, we know that these flagship drives can easily hit 100c+ if left without additional cooling, which would result in a drop in performance, so a big cooler is pretty much essential to keep those read-and-write speeds at their peak.
- Gen5 Performance Powered by NVMe 2.0: PCIe Gen5 x4 combines with the massively high-bandwidth NVMe 2.0 interface to unleash higher-speed data transfers and greater M.2 SSD performance than ever before.
- Your PC Made Faster: Load games, boot Windows, and manage large files with unprecedented speed, reaching up to 10,000MB/sec sequential read and 9,500MB/sec sequential write speeds. *Performance and endurance vary by capacity.
- High-Density 3D TLC NAND: Provides the ideal mix of performance and endurance to keep your drive performing at its best for years.
- Microsoft DirectStorage: Enables the MP700 to communicate directly with your graphics card when playing compatible games, for unbelievably fast load times. *DirectStorage requires a DirectX12 GPU with Shader Model 6.0 support.
- Backward Compatible: Support for PCIe Gen4 and Gen3 systems. *Reduced performance on PCIe Gen4 and Gen3.
What Corsair Had to Say
Harness the power of Gen5 SSD technology with NVMe 2.0 to enable faster read and write times, built with high-density 3D TLC NAND flash memory. PCIe Gen5 x4 combines with the massively high-bandwidth NVMe 2.0 interface to unleash higher-speed data transfers and greater M.2 SSD performance than ever before.