Corsair’s New Dominator Platinum Memory is a ROG Fan’s Dream
John Williamson / 6 years ago
Corsair’s Dominator Platinum range has been extremely popular among high-end system builders due to the carefully selected ICs, stunning build quality and gorgeous aesthetics. Alongside the G.Skill TridentZ, it’s one of the best-looking designs I’ve seen and continues to work alongside various colour schemes. However, some users might want a different style which moves away from the silver theme without impacting on the modules’ elegant construction. Thankfully, Corsair has entered into a partnership with ASUS and produced a new Dominator Platinum range which compliments ROG motherboards. As you can see, the new DIMMs sport a red heatspreader and contain subtle ROG branding. Kris Huang, Senior Director for ASUS’ ROG division said about new announcement:
“We’re delighted to be working with CORSAIR on the Dominator Platinum ROG Edition, combining years of ASUS motherboard expertise with the CORSAIR passion for truly high performance memory.”
“The result gives ASUS ROG motherboard users an instant performance increase when using CORSAIR ROG Edition DDR4, making memory overclocking easier than ever.”
Chun Ye, Product Manager for Memory at Corsair, added:
“Working closely with the ASUS ROG team has allowed CORSAIR to push the performance levels of the Dominator Platinum ROG Edition even higher”.
“Now, ASUS ROG Motherboard users have the option of a premium memory kit that not only matches their motherboard in terms of looks and design, but also performs even faster with just a single BIOS setting, thanks to the custom ROG XMP 2.0 profile.”
- Exclusive Look: Striking red aluminium ROG top bar and Republic of Gamers design exactly matches ASUS ROG motherboards.
- Custom ROG XMP 2.0 Profile: Install CORSAIR Dominator Platinum ROG Edition into a compatible ASUS Republic of Gamers Z170 motherboard and access the custom 3,333MHz XMP 2.0 Profile for ungraded performance.
- Carefully screened ICs: Ensures superior performance and reliability.
- Ten-layer PCB and patterned DHX cooling technology: Provides improved heat dispersion for superior overclocking potential.
- Maximum bandwidth and tight response time: Optimized for the latest Intel 100 series motherboards.
- Supports XMP 2.0: Automatically selects the maximum reliable overclocking settings for the best possible performance and stability.
I can see these latest Dominator Platinum kits being incredibly popular and pricing should be revealed relatively soon.