Creative T60 Hi-Fi 2.0 Desktop Speakers Review
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
Creative is one of the oldest and best-known brands in the world when it comes to PC audio. Sure, they’ve got plenty of great products for home cinema, mobile, and beyond, but really, PC is their true home. I’ve been a long time fan and user of Creative products, from their early sound cards to my current daily headphones and I’ve got plenty more products that I use from Creative too. The most important of which has to be my Creative T20 speakers. I’ve yet to find a pair of speakers that sound better while not overly changing the form factor of the Creative T20s, which is why they’ve been on my desk for over a decade now. Could the Creative T60 speakers be the ones to finally replace my tired T20s?
They’re certainly well equipped, featuring their own built-in DAC powered by a USB-C input, which means it’ll work on PS4, PS5 and Switch too! For PC users, this also means that you can take some more advanced control of the sound via their desktop software, allowing you to use Clear Dialog, Surround processing, SmartComms (auto-mute and two-way noise cancellation) and more. However, there is a fallback AUX-in port, for those who still need to line in from something like a standard headphone/speaker jack or turntable. The addition of Bluetooth 5.0, a mic input and headphone output, make this great for work and gaming too. They’re also capable of producing double the wattage/RMS of the older T20s, not that the old ones were lacking in power output!
- HEAR CLEARER DIALOGS AND ENJOY IMMERSIVE SURROUND, POWERED BY SOUND BLASTER – Creative T60 features Clear Dialog and Surround, audio technologies powered by Sound Blaster, to deliver clearer spoken dialogs so you can focus on the show without having to read subtitles, or stay engaged in your gaming session with enhanced Surround immersion. Turn these features on or off directly via the buttons located on the speaker, and enjoy an elevated desktop movie and gaming experience right away
- VARIOUS CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS – Comes with a plethora of connectivity options including USB-C audio that can be connected to your laptops / desktop computer/gaming consoles, wireless audio streaming from your mobile devices with Bluetooth 5.0, built-in 3.5 mm headset and microphone jacks for when you need to attend online work calls, and a standard 3.5 mm AUX-in port for any of your universal analogue devices
- COMMUNICATE SMARTER WITH SMARTCOMMS KIT – Features our SmartComms Kit that helps simplify the way you communicate online on Windows 10 platform via a suite of smart communication features. Turn on VoiceDetect to auto-mute or unmute your mic just by speaking, or get rid of static background noise in your own environment as well as the other parties’ via our two-way noise cancellation feature NoiseClean. The SmartComms Kit works for both external microphones and headsets
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS INCLUDING HEADSET AND SPEAKERS SWITCH – Take a call in private instantaneously by switching from the Creative T60 to your headset with a push of the button, and do it without the fuss of having to constantly plug and unplug your headset. You can also make volume adjustments from the volume knob, control the Clear Dialog and Surround features, and switch between audio sources; all the controls are conveniently located at the front of the right speaker
- POWERFUL ACOUSTICS WITH BASXPORT TECHNOLOGY – Featuring two powerful 2.75″ full-range drivers with a built-in digital amplifier to drive the entire audio range spectrum for audio consistency, the Creative T60 is also capable of 30W RMS acoustics power, with a peak power of up to 60W. On top of that, it comes with our improved BasXPort technology that further enhances the bass to reproduce rich and deep tones, eliminating the need for a subwoofer
What Creative Had to Say
“Are you still settling for the default sound that comes with your PC setup? Despite having your volume level at the highest, do you find yourself straining to hear the spoken dialogs of the show’s characters because it’s too muffled? Joining the Creative T100 in the T-series speaker line-up, the Creative T60 is here to put a stop to that. The Creative T60 features Clear Dialog and Surround, our audio technologies that are powered by Sound Blaster’s audio expertise, to deliver clearer spoken dialogs and enhanced surround sound for greater immersion. Backed by powerful acoustics performance with a built-in digital amplifier and our BasXPort technology that further enhances bass performance, your desktop movie experience will be changed forever.” – Creative