Deep Cool DA500 Aurora 500W Power Supply Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
Introduction & Packaging
Deep Cool are one of the biggest names in the PC market, although perhaps not so much in Western markets, but that’s certainly something that has been changing. Deep Cool have launched a series of high-profile products over the last couple of years that you’ve no doubt seen. From their funky Steam Castle chassis to their Lucifer CPU coolers, there are a lot of nice products out there and that gives me high hopes for their new DA500 power supply.
“DA 500 is certified with 80 plus bronze with up to 85% electrical efficiency enabling lower heat generation and lower operation cost. Outstanding and stable performance makes it one of the ideal choices for multi-purpose usage. Double layer EMI filters protect from magnetic interference and restrains noise while operating.”
This unit is designed to be a little budget-friendly, so I’m not expecting earth-shattering performance, but I am expecting it to be a strong contender in its respective price bracket. Not everyone can afford nor requires high-end hardware, but the mid-budget market is fiercely competitive, so it’ll be fun to see how Deep Cool can compete.
- Compliant Intel ATX12V v 2.31
- The integrated Active PFC+ PWM Combo Controller will increase the efficiency of exchange and make PFC higher than 99%
- 80 PLUS® Bronze certified — up to 85% efficiency
- Assembled copper + AL heatsink make cooling more efficient
- 120mm silent fan with PWM function
- The longer cable design supports cable management perfectly
- Double-Layer EMI Filter protects from electromagnetic interference & restrains noise
- Intelligentized eco-friendly chipset, consume < 1W in its off-mode, compliant Erp standard
- CircuitShield™ —OVP, UVP, SCP, OPP
- Supports Multi-Way SLI / CrossFire + Multi-Core CPUs
The packaging is pretty standard, with a nice run down of the major features and spec right on the front. The most notable things here are the 80 Plus Bronze efficiency, 100,000h MTBF and that promising 3-year warranty.