Elder Scrolls Online Legacy of the Bretons Revealed
Peter Donnell / 4 months ago
The Elder Scrolls Online has long been my favourite pass-time, and my son and I have put in a fair few hours throughout the multiple lockdowns we’ve experienced. It’s crazy to think that we went into lockdown BEFORE the release of Greymoor and the whole Skyrim year of content. Since then we’ve also had the fantastic Blackwood year of content, and that’s now concluded. For 2022 and beyond, we’ll be heading to The High Isle for what Bethesda/Zenimax are calling The Legacy of the Bretons.
“Delve into the history and culture of a noble chivalric people, explore a stunning never-before-seen location, and uncover a mysterious new threat in The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle and Legacy of the Bretons year-long adventure.” – ESO
Legacy of the Bretons
Discover the beautiful Systres Archipelago in the Legacy of the Bretons year-long adventure, a brand-new storyline told throughout all ESO’s 2022 content releases, including the upcoming The Elder Scrolls Online: Ascending Tide DLC and The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle Chapter.
This is a similar release schedule to previous year-long campaigns. Starting with a DLC that will likely consist of two new dungeons. Then you get the main story zone, then another two dungeons, and then a new DLC story expansion to wrap things up.
Of course, the game will also receive some QOL updates, new crown store items, two new companions, and a whole host of other small additions. Furthermore, it’ll also get the new in-game collectable card game called Tales of Tribute, which you can play against other players to unlock various rewards!
- Ascending Tide DLC (March 14 for PC/Mac and Stadia*, and March 29 for Xbox and PlayStation consoles)
- High Isle Chapter (June 6 for PC/Mac and Stadia*, and June 21 for Xbox and PlayStation consoles)
- Unannounced Q3 DLC dungeon pack (date TBA)
- Unannounced Q4 DLC story zone (date TBA)
High Isle and the Legacy of the Bretons storyline provides 30 hours of unique story content However, that doesn’t include the dungeons and trial content, which will add countless hours of entertainment. As with any new zone, new gear will be added too, so hopefully some interesting new sets we can all farm. High Isle provides a host of brand-new adventures and features for you to experience, including:
- A new zone that showcases the islands of High Isle and Amenos
- A complex main storyline of politics, honor, and intrigue that ties into the Legacy of the Bretons year-long saga
- A new system called Tales of Tribute, an in-game collectible card game
- A new 12-player Trial named Dreadsail Reef
- Two new Companions, Ember and Isobel, who can join your adventures
- New World Events called Fissures
- New Delves, Public Dungeons, World Bosses, and a host of unique stand-alone quests
- Updates and quality of life improvements
In addition to the Palefrost mount and pet, you will also receive the following pre-order rewards at launch:
- Abecean Privateer’s Apparel costume
- Knights of the Flame Pup pet
- 1× Dark Chivalry Crate
- 3× High Isle Treasure Maps
- 2× Experience Scrolls, granting double XP
The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle is now available in the following editions:
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: High Isle
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: High Isle CE
- The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle Upgrade
- The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle Upgrade CE
The two Collections above include the High Isle Chapter in addition to instant access to the base game and every previous Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online’s history (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, Greymoor, and Blackwood), making it an ideal edition if you’re a brand-new player. The Upgrade editions include just the High Isle Chapter, great for existing players who already own the game and previous releases.
The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle launches on June 6 for PC/Mac and Stadia and June 21 for Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
The High Isle Chapter also introduces a gameplay system, Tales of Tribute. A tavern card game that allows you to compete against your fellow players and NPCs, this fast-paced, deck-building game provides a new way for Tamriel’s adventurers to relax and play.