Eurocom Launches The Sky X9 Upgradeable Gaming Laptop
Cernescu Andrei / 4 years ago
The name of Eurocom’s latest high-performance upgradable gaming laptop is Sky X9, and it definitely packs quite a punch. Equipped with Nvidia’s GTX 980 graphics card and Intel’s Core i7 6700K CPU, this thing is able to handle any modern game, and better yet, it can also be upgraded in the future. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics installed in this gaming laptop boasts an unlocked GM204 core with 2048 CUDA cores as well as 8 GB of DDR5 memory with a clock of 7 Gbps. Moreover, the graphics card can be overclocked by the user in order to squeeze out some extra FPS should the need arise.
Based on the Intel Z170 Chipset, the Eurocom Sky X9 can support up to Intel Core i7-6700K processors, as well as 64GB of DDR4 memory that can run at frequencies of 2133 or 2400 MHz. As far as storage is concerned, there are two M.2 SSD PCIe x4 SATA drives and two 9.5 mm HDD or SSD bays, all of which add up to a maximum storage capacity of 5 TB. M.2 WiFi cards and two 1Gb LAN RJ-45 ports Killer E2400 are also supported. The laptop’s default display measures 17.5” and features a resolution of 1080p, but future upgrades will also include a 4K display option. Other highlights include a Kensington lock port, a Trusted Platform Module 2.0, a fingerprint scanner, USB 3.1 ports, HDMI 2 and two mini Display Ports. Below you will find a complete list of specifications for the Eurocom Sky X9 upgradeable gaming laptop.
- Display: Choice of FHD 1920-by-1080 or 4K 3840-by-2160 pixels; 17.3-inch (43.94mm); LCD Display.
- Chipset: Intel Z170 EXpress(Skylake).
- Processor: Skylake, LGA1151, up to Intel i7-6700K, fully unlocked.
- Memory: up to 64GB; DDR4-2133/2400; 4 SODIMM sockets.
- VGA Technology: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (N16E-GXX).
- Storage: up to 4 drives; 2x HDD/SSD (SATA3) + 2x M.2 PCIe x4/SATAl RAID 0/1/5/10.
- Communications: two 1Gb LAN RJ-45 ports Killer E2400 + M.2 WLAN/Bluetooth.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: 10, 8.1 and 7.
- Card Reader: 6-in-1 MMC/RSMMC/SD/miniSD/SDHC/SDXC up to UHS-II.
- Keyboard: Iluminated, backlit with customizable 7-colours.
- Security: TPM 2.0, Fingerprint and Kensington Lock.
- Audio System: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3; external 7.1CH audio output; headphone out, microphone in, S/PDIF and Line-in port; two built-in ONKYO Speakers (2.2W)+ Subwoofer (2.5W).
- Ports: 1x USB 3.1 / Thunderbolt 3; 2x miniDP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 3x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; 2x RJ45 (LAN).
- Weight and dimensions: 4.8kg; WxDxH 428x308x45mm.
Thank you TechPowerUp for providing us with this information.