Eurocom Shipping Gaming Notebooks with Upgradable Graphics Processors
Cernescu Andrei / 2 years ago
Most of you probably had to decide at some point whether you should invest your money in a laptop or in a gaming desktop, and for many of you the decision was a no-brainer: gaming desktop all the way. The decision certainly made sense if performance was what you were looking for, as most laptops simply fall behind in this regard, not to mention the fact that they can’t be upgraded. However, thanks to Eurocom, the gap between laptops and gaming desktops is being closed by the P5 Pro Extreme notebook, which is quite the versatile beast.
The EUROCOM P5 Pro Extreme comes with a powerful Intel Core i7-4790K or an i7-5775C processor, both of which can be overclocked without too much effort. On the graphics side, the notebook features upgradable NVIDIA GeForce, AMD Radeon and NVIDIA Quadro MXM 3.0b cards that allow it to rival a lot of powerful desktop PCs out there. In order to facilitate CPU overclocking, Eurocom even provides an optional unlocked BIOS. The memory is also upgradable thanks to four SODIMM sockets that can house up to 32 GB of memory. Based on Intel’s LGA 1150 socket, the laptop can be equipped with a variety of 4th and 5th generation processors such as Core i3, i5, i7, i7 Extreme and even Xeon. The supported graphics cards are the NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, K3100M and K1100M as well as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M, 970M, 980M and the AMD Radeon R9-M290X.
As far as storage is concerned, four optional drive bays, two standard drive bays and two M.2 SSD slots can be used to achieve up to 5.2 TB of storage in RAID. Moreover, the notebook supports PCIe SSDs for lightning-fast boot and loading times.
Below you will find a full list of technical specifications for the EUROCOM P5 Pro Extreme.
- Display: 15.6-inch 4K QFHD 3840-by-2160, 3K WQHD+ 2880-by-1620 or FHD IPS 1920-by-1080 pixels; 60Hz; eDP interface; LED Backlit.
- Chipset: High-Performance Intel Z97 Express Chipset.
- Overclocking: supported with i7 4790K Processor; O/C BIOS available.
- Processor: Socket based; LGA1150; up to 90W TDP; choice of Core i7, i5, i3 and Xeon E3 series.
- VGA Technology: MXM 3.0b; NVIDIA GeForce: GTX 980M, 970M or 965M; Quadro: K5100M, K3100M or K1100M; AMD: R9 290X.
- Cooling: High-performance, high-quality copper integrated dual 5-pipes GPU/CPU heatsink.
- Memory: Four 204-pin SODIMM sockets; DDR3L-1600, 1866 or 2133; 1.35V; up to 32GB.
- Storage: up to 4 physical drives: 2x M.2 2280 PCIe or SATA SSD and 2x HDD/SSD (9.5mm) SATA3 6Gb/s and with Intel Rapid Start Technology; Intel Smart Response Technology and RAID 0/1/5/10.
- Card Reader: 6-in-1: UHS-II interface; MMC/RSMMC/SD/mini SD/SDHC/SDXC; Push-Push.
- Keyboard and Touchpad: Anti-ghosting backlit keyboard with separate numeric keypad; TouchPad with multi-gesture and scrolling; W/A/S/D Gaming key.
- Ports: 4x USB 3.0 (1x powered USB port, AC/DC); 1x eSATA/USB3.0 Combo port; 2x DP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 1x Headphone; 1x Microphone-in; 1x S/PDIF (digital); 1x Line-in; 1x RJ-45 LAN; 1x DC-in.
- Audio: High Definition Audio; S/PDIF Digital Output; Built in array microphone; Built-in two 2W speakers; Sound Blaster X-FI MB3; External 7.1CH output (headphone, mic, line-in and S/PDIF); ANSP 3D Sound Technology (headphone output).
- Display Support: Supports up to 4 active displays including internal LCD; up to 3840×2160 @ 60Hz.
- Security: Kensington Lock and Embedded TPM 2.0.
- Battery: 8cells 82Wh Li-Ion; up to 120 minutes.
- Weight: 3.4kg / 7.48lbs w/ battery.
- Dimensions: 386x262x35mm / 15.4×10.48×1.4-inch.
Thank you Techpowerup for providing us with this information.