EVGA Supernova 750 G3 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Review
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
EVGA Supernova 750 G3
As one of the world’s leading computer hardware brands, EVGA has quite a robust reputation. It has been several years since we reviewed one of their products, and we’re extremely excited to bring them back into the fold with our latest review. Taking what we know and love from the EVGA G2 series of power supplies, the new G3 series promises to be even better. It’s more efficient, cooler, quiet, and more. Well, we hope it’s all of those things, that’s what we aim to test today!
What EVGA Had to Say
EVGA SuperNOVA power supplies are well-known for their extreme efficiency, performance and reliability. In fact, over the last 3 years EVGA SuperNOVA power supplies have won over 70 awards from leading review sites. EVGA’s dedication to performance has forged the latest power supply platform: the EVGA SuperNOVA G3 Series. With these new power supplies, EVGA took the best features of the award-winning G2 lineup and made them even better. The SuperNOVA G3’s smaller size, improved performance and a new Hydraulic Dynamic Bearing fan give you ultra-quiet performance with an increased lifespan.
- Unbeatable 10 Year Warranty and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
- 80 PLUS Gold certified, with 90% (115VAC) / 92% (220VAC~240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Highest quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
- Fully Modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), SCP (Short Circuit Protection), and OTP (Over Temperature Protection)
- EVGA ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System elminates fan noise at low to medium loads
- Hydraulic Dynamic Bearing Fan for ultra-quiet operation and increased lifespan.
Packaging & Accessories
The box is very nicely designed, showing the power and efficiency up front.
Around the back, a breakdown of major features. This includes but is not limited to the new fan, fully modular cables and high-quality capacitors. Another important feature worth mentioning is that this unit comes with a whopping 10-year warranty! Please keep in mind the 650 or 550W models “only” have a 7-year warranty.
Everything comes beautifully packaged and protected too, giving us that premium quality product experience right away.
In the box, you’ll find a good range of connections for all your peripherals and main hardware. However, there’s also a few cable ties, screws and even a PSU jumper block for those who need to power cycle a test system.