Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Season 4.5 Adds PC/PS4 Cross-Play and More!
Peter Donnell / 4 months ago
Mediatonic released a brand new update for Fall Guys this week, offering up the usual range of patches and fixes that we’ve come to expect. However, this update also adds support for cross-play between PC and PS4, meaning you’ll have more opportunities for more people to beat you at the game. Or, possibly expand the number of friends you’ll be able to play with. Furthermore, Update 4.5 brings 5 new variations across 12 different rounds, as well as custom lobbies for everyone, which is reason enough to fire the game up again this evening!
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Season 4.5
The addition of the custom lobbies in Fall Guys is huge, and it even includes mixing PlayStation 4 and PC players, but it even includes all game modes, so there is absolutely no limitation here. Actually, there are fewer limits, as you can even start a game with as few as four players now.
Beyond the big stuff, there are improvements to the physics, de-sync issues, animation, etc. Nothing major, but if you found a bug before, hopefully, it’s gone from today.
“Hello bean fan! Welcome to the ‘Patch 4.5 Release Notes’, straight from the team. You can delve into more details on our announcement blog. But if you’re just after the tasty key facts, dive in…” said Mediatonic. You can check out the full change log below!
Patch 4.5 Release Notes
Two New Rounds
- The Slimescraper – To reach the summit, intrepid beans will have to outrun the slime and master multiple floors of mayhem in this spiritual successor to Slime Climb.
- Button Bashers – It’s 1v1! Players are split into duelling pairs across multiple mini-arenas; most points at the end of the timer wins!
Fresh Round Variations
- 55 additional variations across 12 Rounds, including low-gravity variants of Hex-a-gone and Thin Ice!
- Custom Lobbies (known previously as Private Lobbies) are now open to everyone, with an improved experience! You can start games with as few as four players, and PC and PS4 players can play together.
- PC and PS4 players can now matchmake together in all game modes! (Cross-platform parties are not possible yet)
- New Player Reporting feature for if you spot potential cheaters. We’ll never act solely on reports (reports help us with cross referencing) and we’ll never ban anyone for grabbing or using in-game mechanics in a normal fashion.
- Improved latency when grabbing objects or mantling. Things should be much more responsive now
- In-game visual indicator to show connection quality to help troubleshoot issues. Wondering if you disconnected? Wonder no more!
Fixes and Improvements
- Numerous improvements to de-sync, physics, and related issues. We will continue to update these issues, so please continue to report them.
- Snow will now display on Season 3 rounds for PC players!
- Fixed Fall Guys having too much throwing power with objects like basketballs, pegwins, eggs, and batteries.
- Fixed incorrectly eliminating the winning Squad in Royal Fumble
- Fixed eliminated Squads incorrectly qualifying into the next Round
- After tying a Round, Squads will not be randomly eliminated, but instead will all qualify into the next Round
- Fixed the ‘Top X Qualify’ number mismatching the Qualified Squads in the Qualification screen
- Fixed solo victory animation displaying when winning a Squads Show for some players
- Fixed the Featured Store only showing “Coming Soon” for players who have the game open whilst Store refreshes
- Improvement to being able to mantle the blocks even if you are experiencing high ping
- Players will no longer be able to climb above the doors and jump out of the Round
- Fixed batteries flying out of hands when players run into each other whilst both holding batteries
- Fixed Fall Guy being unable to climb a ramp when carrying a battery
- [Portuguese] Murder by Numbers’ color and ‘Glitch’ emote
- [Korean] ‘BSOD’ and ‘Game On’ colors
- [Japanese + Korean] ‘U.F.G.’ and ‘F.G.I.B.’ costumes
- [Multiple] Various pieces of text in Show Selector menu
- [Multiple] Various pieces of text in Kudos store
Cosmetics and Animations
- Fixed the lack of SFX when performing ‘Hanging guy’ and ‘Plinth Catch’ victory animations
- Gato Roboto and Virtual Gato Roboto had the visuals on their shoulders fixed.
- Fixed upper issues with Fishtank and Deep Diver costumes
- Fixed small gap at waist for Little Leaguer and Pitcher Perfect costumes
- Fixed incorrect clipping on The Wimp costume when performing animations
- Fixed incorrect versions of the Devolver DLC costumes being shown in Team Rounds