Final Fantasy VI Now Available For iOS Devices
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
Great news for Final Fantasy fans as the finest fantasy of the 16-bit era finally heads to iOS, fantastic! OK enough mucking about, but this is seriously great news for mobile gaming and it’s not often I get too excited about such thing if I’m honest. Final Fantasy is one of the greatest games ever made and has been a smash hit ever since its original release back in 1994.
Sure there have been ways to play this on mobile for quite some time, I’m sure more than a few of our readers have dabbled in the world of emulation, but it’s still no where near the same as native support and controls. The game’s graphics have been recreated to bring the world of Final Fantasy VI to iOS for the very first time. One of the graphics designers involved in the Final Fantasy series from the very start, Kazuko Shibuya, personally worked on the main characters and supervised this recreation.
- Final Fantasy VI features intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. In particular, the battle interface has received a complete overhaul for smartphones.
- The magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake will also make a return. In addition, events have been optimized for user-friendly touch controls.
- Need a hint? Mog will help players who are stuck by telling them what they should do next.
- The album feature will allow players to revisit the story of the game, just in case they missed an event or need to catch up.
- Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that’s best for you.
“The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic, a young girl name Terra, whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire’s clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.”
The game is already available and can be run on iPhone 4S and above / iPad 2 and above / iPod touch 5th generation and above. The game is priced at $15.99 and available in Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Korean, Chinese (Traditional/ Simplified). You can find the game in the App Store here.
Thank you Square Enix for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of App Store.