Seagate Gaming FireCuda 2TB Gaming Hard Drive Review
Peter Donnell / 1 month ago
Seagate Gaming recently refreshed and released their new FireCuda Hard Drives and FireCuda Gaming Hub! The Gaming Hard Drive is what I have in the office at the moment, which comes in 1TB, 2TB and 5TB variants. However, if you wanted to super-size that, the Gaming Hub offers 8TB and 16TB variants! Games now take up a hilarious amount of space. I have a MicroSD card with literally thousands of classic games on it for the Raspberry Pi 4. However, a single install of the latest Call of Duty takes up the same amount of space! Throw in games like Flight Simulator 2020 and its updates since its release, Final Fantasy XV, Hitman 2, Destiny 2, to name but a few. These games are all 150-250GB each. Throw in huge libraries of Xbox or PlayStation games or a load of movies and music, too… where the hell do you put it all?
FireCuda 2TB Gaming Hard Drive
Chances are you have a fast SSD as either your main boot drive or your main gaming drive. Chances are it’s not 2TB or larger, as SSDs can get expensive pretty quickly if you want large capacities as well as the latest speeds and features. Furthermore, we don’t all have ultra-fast fibre broadband either, so downloading a 200GB+ can be quite daunting to many. The benefit of an external drive, such as the FireCuda 2TB Gaming Hard Drive (STKL2000400) I’m reviewing right now, means you can put all your less critical installs on that drive and load them from there. Alternatively, you can back up your games to the drive to make room on your faster SSD, saving you from downloading them entirely every time you want to re-install them. Either way, there’s a lot of options to play around with.
- Create an epic gaming atmosphere with customisable RGB LED lighting
- A bold and refined design, crafted to complement gaming Battlestations
- Customisable RGB with full colour and pattern control with free Seagate Toolkit software
- Works with Razer Chroma™ RGB to sync all your Battlestations compatible peripherals
- Up to 5 TB of capacity builds the ultimate gaming library without sacrificing titles
- Lightweight design makes it easy to take the whole library on the road
- Simple plug-and-play compatibility with USB 3.2 Gen 1
- USB bus-powered for quick function and less clutter
What Seagate Had to Say
“Plug in and light up with the FireCuda Gaming Hard Drive. Created with up to 5 TB of capacity and a sleek, bold design — this gaming hard drive can hold all your titles and compliment the look of your battlestation. And bring an extra layer of atmosphere to gaming sessions with customisable RGB LED lighting.” – Seagate