GamerStorm Fryzen ThreadRipper CPU Cooler Review
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
The AMD Threadripper CPU range has proven to be a big hit with creators. However, keeping those monsters many-core processors cool can be a demanding job. There are a few coolers on the market now, offering you a bit of choice for the full TR4 socket range. We’ve already had the Wraith Ripper in the office, which comes bundled with some Ryzen TR4 CPUs. However, some bundles are CPU only, and you need your own cooler. That’s where the Fryzen comes in! Hailing from DeepCools GamerStorm brand, we’ve high hopes for this high-end air cooler.
It packs 6 chunky heatpipes, and a custom fan design to drive massive airflow through the cooling tower. It also ticks all the right boxes for modern PC builds, with attractive aesthetics, addressable RGB and easy installation.
- Parallel arrangement of 6 boot-shaped heatpipes provides faster heat dissipation.
- Premium all-aluminum fan frame add a quality finish with the high-grade texture of the finest materials.
- Exclusive metal fan frame with inverse double-bladed fans offers twice the air pressure for twice the performance.
- The 16.7 M true colour RGB flowing light system with 5 inbuilt effects (dynamic, static, breathing, comet, and fashion collision) has 36 interchangeable lighting modes.
- Supports AMD TR4/AM4 and mainstream AMD Socket quick installation.
- Addressable RGB function with sync-control for motherboard lighting is supported
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official product page here.
What GamerStorm Had to Say
“Fryzen is the award-winning cooler from Deepcool, specially designed for the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ series processor, and supports the TR4/AM4 and mainstream AMD socket types. It features an ultra large copper base and a parallel arrangement of 6 boot-shaped heatpipes for extreme heat dissipation performance. The all-aluminium housing with inverse double-bladed fans offers twice the air pressure for twice the performance. A built-in 16.7M true colour RGB lighting system provides variable lighting for a stunning personalized gaming rig.”
What’s in the Box?
Everything you would except is included in the box. There’s the TR4 mounting kit, as well as a custom spanner tool to ease the installation, and even some good quality thermal paste. There are a bunch of cables included too, allowing you to extend the fans headers, as well as hook up to either the addressable RGB headed on your motherboard or the included in-line RGB controller.