Gaming Deal of the Day – Space Rangers 2: Reboot
Peter Donnell / 6 years ago
I picked today’s gaming deal of the day simply because it looks cool, as good an excuse as any but when you get Space Rangers 2 and its expansion pack for $3.99 (or what ever that converts to in your local currency) its a great deal.
What’s cool about it:
- This bundle includes Space Rangers 2: Dominators and the Space Rangers 2: Reboot expansion.
- A great combination of real-time strategy, 4X, and third-person shooter elements.
- Customise your spaceships and units using hundreds of different modules.
- A vast swathe of space to explore. Whatever you become—pirate, merchant, hero, or villain—is up to you!
200 years after the first chapter of Space Rangers, an even more dangerous threat arises in the galaxy. A key planet in producing war androids has become self-aware and has decided to conquer the galaxy one planet at a time. The planet’s machines are not only capable of fulfilling any order, but they have their own intellect and force of will. This new type of cyber-life is driven only by a destructive instinct and cares solely about expanding the realm of the Silicate.
Freedom of choice is a distinguishing feature of the first part of the Space Rangers saga and only develops further as players explore the massive galaxy. At the same time the player explores his surroundings, the larger and more expansive game world lives and develops by itself.
The Space Rangers 2: Reboot expansion features:
- 5 new planetary adventures.
- 27 new maps for planetary battles.
- 10 new maps for hyperspace battles.
- New equipment and unique hull designs, including three super spaceships.
- Expanded interface of ship’s hold and information center.
- More than 50 new governmental missions of different types.
- New unique equipment.
- Galaxy search system improved.