Gigabyte Designaire X399 Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
The Gigabyte Designaire Motherboard is here at last, delivering support for the latest AMD TR4 Threadripper processors on the X399 platform. As the flagship processor range for the AMD Ryzen processor range, Threadripper is designed for workstation, and enthusiast system builds that focus on rendering performance, extreme resolution gaming, and content creation.
Motherboard performance doesn’t change that much from brand to brand. The main differences for the consumer are the added features each motherboard provides. The Designaire has more features than most users will know what to do with, but it’s designed to be capable of virtually anything you wish to throw at it.
AMD X399 Ultra Durable motherboard with Dual Intel GbE LAN, Triple M.2 with Thermal Guard, RGB Fusion, 120dB SNR ALC1220, Front & Rear USB 3.1 Type-C, Intel Dual Band 802.11ac WiFi+BT4.2, Base Plated & I/O Shield Armor
Equipped with dual Intel Gigabit LAN, three high-speed M.2 mounts with thermal guard, high performance ALC1220 audio, and extensive connectivity options for storage devices, and more. There is also support for four-way graphics cards, armor, as well as ultra-durable hardware for improved reliability and build quality.
If that wasn’t enough, you’ll also find high-performance 802.11AC Wi-Fi, server class digital power delivery, and gold plated solid power connectors, RGB lighting, power surge protection, and so much more. Overall this is a premium product packing all the premium features you could ask for, but the big question is how well does it perform?
- Supports AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors
- Quad Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs, 3600MHz+(OC)
- Fast Front and Rear USB 3.1 Type-C™ Interface
- 4-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
- Server-Class Digital Power Design & Gold Plated Solid Power Connectors
- Dual Intel GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone AMP and WIMA audio capacitors
- Sound BlasterX 720°, the Top-of-the-line Audio Engine Solution for 4K Gaming and Entertainment
- Intel® Dual Band 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2 – AC 8265 WiFi Module
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone LED Light Show design, support Digital LED & RGB LED strips
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers
- Triple Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface and Thermal Guard
- USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
- Precise Digital USB Fuse Design for Stronger Protection
- Ultra Durable™ 25KV ESD and 15KV Surge LAN Protection
- Base Plated & I/O Shield Armor
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
Overwhelming Power. Indisputable Supremacy. Unrestrained Potential.
“The GIGABYTE X399 enthusiast motherboard with AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor. Do everything, do it all at the same time, and do it without sacrificing responsiveness. Render. Stream. Compile. Encode. Work or Play. Real-World Productivity or Virtual Reality Entertainment. The GIGABYTE X399 enthusiast motherboard has the power to overwhelm your most daunting workloads.” – Gigabyte
What’s in the Box
In the box, you will find everything you need to get you started. This includes 6 SATA cables, RGB lighting, thermal probe cables, velcro cable ties, Wi-Fi antenna, SLI Bridge, U.2 adaptor, as well as all the usual documentation and that cool sheet of stickers.