Gigabyte EEC Listing Confirms Upcoming Custom Nvidia 4070 Ti & AMD 7900 GPUs
Mike Sanders / 4 months ago
With AMD’s Radeon 7900 series set to make its retail release on December 13th, interest in these graphics cards is undoubtedly incredibly high and particularly so since the Nvidia 4080, the GPU this series is supposedly taking on, comes with a massively higher price tag. – While AMD’s own reference models look pretty fantastic, however, the matter of custom designs from AIB partners is currently a little unclear. Well, in terms of release dates at least.
Based on all prior leaks so far, while it appears that some custom 7900 XT and 7900 XTXs will be available on release day (Dec 13th), the majority will not arrive until later in the month. – Following a report via Videocardz, however, while no dates have clearly been cited, it seems pretty clear that Gigabyte is ready for both AMD and Nvidia’s new offerings as EEC registrations have been made for not only the AMD 7900 series, but also the Nvidia 4070 Ti (aka the Nvidia 4080 12GB).
Gigabyte Registers Nvidia 4080/AMD 7900 GPUs With the EEC!
We should, of course, note that an EEC registration is never a 100% guarantee that a product will be released. As such, while multiple references have been made to a number of different Gigabyte 4080 and 7900 series GPUs, they may not all necessarily make a final retail cut.
Based on the information presented, however, Gigabyte is at least suggesting that the following models should be considered as potentially set for release:
AMD Radeon RX 7900 Series
- Radeon RX 7900 XTX AORUS ELITE (GV-R79XTXAORUS E-24GD)
- Radeon RX 7900 XTX GAMING OC (GV-R79XTXGAMING OC-24GD)
- Radeon RX 7900 XTX GAMING (GV-R79XTXGAMING-24GD)
- Radeon RX 7900 XTX Reference (GV-R79XTX-24GC-B)
- Radeon RX 7900 XT GAMING OC (GV-R79XTGAMING OC-20GD)
- Radeon RX 7900 XT GAMING (GV-R79XTGAMING-20GD)
- Radeon RX 7900 XT Reference (GV-R79XT-20GC-B)
Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
- GeForce RTX 4070 Ti AORUS MASTER (GV-N407TAORUS M-12GD)
- GeForce RTX 4070 Ti AORUS ELITE (GV-N407TAORUS E-12GD)
- GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC (GV-N407TGAMING OC-12GD)
- GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING (GV-N407TGAMING 12GD)
- GeForce RTX 4070 Ti AERO OC (GV-N407TAERO OC-12GD)
- GeForce RTX 4070 Ti AERO (GV-N407TAERO-12GD)
- GeForce RTX 4070 Ti EAGLE OC (GV-N407TEAGLE OC-12GD)
- GeForce RTX 4070 Ti EAGLE (GV-N407TEAGLE-12GD)
What Do We Think?
A somewhat moderately interesting offshoot of this Gigabyte EEC registration is that this represents one of the best third-party indications yet that the Nvidia 4070 Ti is indeed set for launch in early 2023 (probably just before CES which runs from January 5th to January 8th). Albeit, with information already suggesting that it’ll retain the same $899 MSRP when this was previously called the 4080 12GB, I daresay consumers are putting more faith in AMD at the moment.
In terms of custom designs from both the Red and Green camp, however, it seems that at least Gigabyte is mostly ready to try and tempt us!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!