HP Launches their OMEN 16/17 Gaming Laptops
Mike Sanders / 4 months ago
HP has today introduced its latest gaming hardware and software designed for gamers with the powerful OMEN 16 and OMEN 17. Gaming continues to be an outlet for entertainment and connecting with friends. Two out of three people are spending more time watching videos and gaming than they did prior to the pandemic, with one in four gaming three to four hours more and almost one in five gaming six to ten hours more a week. HP’s next-generation gaming portfolio is designed for both veteran gamers and enthusiast explorers to be entertained, connected, and empowered to progress in their favourite games.
HP Omen 16/17 Laptops
Seasoned gamers crave the latest advancements in hardware and software that allow them to experience today’s titles at the max settings so they feel truly immersed when they get a last-second multiplayer win or defeat that final boss. The latest additions to the OMEN ecosystem focus on delivering new experiences that push beyond the expected to keep gamers connected and entertained, and excited for what is next.
OMEN 16 makes its big debut with:
- Top-Tier Performance: Experience stunning graphics to bring the latest games to life with up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU 8 GB or AMD RDNA 2 architecture-based graphics. Crush content with up to Intel Core i7-11800H series processors or 8-core AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Mobile Processors. Quickly use multiple apps with up to 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz and games get ultra-fast access to critical files with up to 1 TB PCIe Gen 4×4 SSD or up to two 1 TB PCIe SSDs supporting Raid 0.
- Gusts of Energy: HP’s innovations in internal design continue to push the boundaries of what is possible with blades that are 2.5 times as thin and have over a 200% increase in blade count compared to the OMEN 1510. so that air flow is increased to meet the demands of powerful internals. Meanwhile, gaming sessions last longer from anywhere with increased battery capacity from 52.5 Whr to 83 Whr for up to 9 hours of battery life.
OMEN 17 arrives in its most advanced form yet with:
- Desktop-Grade Gaming: Cruise through the latest AAA hits with up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16 GB with a TGP maximum up to 165 W and up to Intel Core i9-11900H processor7. Multitask between games, browsers, or apps like a pro with up to 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz memory and play faster and harder with up to 1 TB PCIe Gen 4×4 SSD or up to two 1 TB PCIe SSD supporting Raid 0.
- Chill Blades: Experience cooler and more comfortable play when questing through the latest games thanks to the addition of 24 more blades that are 17% thinner along with a 14%14 larger outlet open ratio, which contributes to a -5 °C reduction in temperature on the keyboard surface deck compared to the previous generation and keeps those gamer palms feeling cozy.
OMEN 16 and OMEN 17 Laptops packaged features:
- Immersive Visuals: Fast paced gameplay flows brilliantly across the up to QHD16 165Hz IPS panel with 3ms response time17 and 100% sRGB. For the first time on OMEN Laptops, experience color accurate low blue light with Eyesafe display certification18 by TÜVRheinlan to keep eyes fresh during extended gaming sessions. The bright visuals also shift to the keyboard with up to per-key RGB lighting with OMEN Gaming Hub Light Studio integration to achieve a look that is on point with any gaming setup theme.
- Thermal Advances: Efficient cooling is made simple with OMEN Tempest Cooling Technology with Dynamic Power, OMEN Gaming Hub’s Performance Control, and Undervolting19 managing the internals removes guesswork for efficiently running resource heavy titles.
- Expand, Last, Fast: Expansion is quick and simple with single-panel access to the SSD and RAM by way of Phillips-head screws at the base of both laptops to make hardware swaps a breeze. Online gaming does not miss a beat with Wi-Fi 6E20and a built-in 1x Thunderbolt 421 port provides one universal port for hassle-free connectivity. Optional Intel Optane memory H20 with solid state storage offers a personalized computing experience with a new level of performance and large storage capacity options for gamers
- Greener Gaming: HP extends its leadership for offering the world’s most sustainable PC portfolio23 with the most sustainably engineered OMEN laptops yet, Energy Star certified24, and EPEAT Silver registered 21,22, both laptops use recycled aluminium for the keyboard surface, speaker boxes with a combination of post-consumer recycled and ocean bound plastic, and keycaps utilizing recycled plastic. Laptops are packaged with outer boxes and fiber cushions that are 100% sustainably sourced and recyclable.
OMEN 17 is the first OMEN Laptop to feature optical-mechanical keys. On top of a wonderful tactile feel, the keys provide a mere 1.7 mm travel distance with 0.2 ms response time of traditional keys to help give an edge in critical 1v1 encounters.
Where Can I Learn More?
In announcing these new laptop launches, HP has confirmed the following prices consumers can expect to see with retailers:
- OMEN 16 is expected to be available this June via HP.com and Best Buy for a starting price of $1049.99
- OMEN 17 is expected to be available this June via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $1,369.99
- Victus by HP 16 is expected to be available this June via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $799.99
Although no official product website/s has been launched yet, we expect these new models to be added shortly. As such, for more information, you can check out the official HP laptop website via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!