HyperX Cloud Stinger Multi-Format Gaming Headset Review
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
Competitive gaming is big business, and it doesn’t matter if you’re holding a fat wallet and a bunch of gaming trophies, or sitting at home when the kids are in bed and playing games against your friends, you’re going to want a great headset to not only enjoy your game audio, but to also chat with your team. The HyperX Cloud Stinger is already a popular choice with many gaming pros, but it’s pitched at a price that makes it accessible to everyone.
It comes equipped with support for multiple formats thanks to its 4-pole 3.5mm cable, which is ideal for modern consoles, mobile devices and more. However, you also get a Y-split cable to extend the reach and allow you to use it on a PC, meaning you only need one headset for all of your gaming devices, which could save you a lot of money, and headset storage space, and that’s obviously no bad thing.
“HyperX Cloud Stinger™ is the ideal headset for gamers looking for lightweight comfort, superior sound quality and added convenience. At just 275 grams, it’s comfortable on your neck and its ear cups rotate in a 90-degree angle for a better fit. Its 50mm directional drivers position sound directly into the ear for audio precision and gaming-grade sound quality. For ultimate comfort in prolonged gaming sessions, it features high-quality HyperX signature memory foam.”
The Stinger promises a lightweight design, powerful drivers, durable build quality and more. While these all sound like reasonable things to reach for in a headsets design, at £49.98, the Cloud Stinger is punching for best value for money headset with a fury, so let’s see if it can keep its guard up today.
“Building on the success of HyperX Cloud Gaming Headsets designed for gamers of all skill levels, including professional eSports athletes, our new Cloud Stinger brings our quality to all players, no matter their budget or expertise,” said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. “The Cloud Stinger rounds our line of Cloud Gaming Headsets to deliver consumers a broader range of premium in-game audio for gaming, music, entertainment, and more.”
- Lightweight Design – Minimal weight for enhanced comfort
- Audio Precision – Optimal audio performance and sound quality
- Adjustable Steel Slider – Long lasting durability and stability; high-quality build
- Intuitive Volume Control – Easily accessible volume slider to adjust audio on the headset
- Noise-Cancellation Microphone – Clear voice quality; conveniently flip the microphone to mute
- Multi-Platform Compatibility – Enjoy comfort and enhanced audio experience on PC or console; plug into a mobile device2 and wear the headset on the go
- Driver: Dynamic, 50 mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural; closed back
- Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D: ≦ 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 275g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
- Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable – 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
Check out the video below for a quick look at what the Stinger has to offer.
In the box, you’ll find a nice product guide, the quick start guide, as well as the extension/Y-split 3.5mm cable for PC use.