HyperX Launches New SATA-based Savage SSD
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
Kingston’s HyperX division has launched a new SATA-based SSD dubbed the HyperX Savage. The new drive is based on the Phison S10 quad-core, eight-channel SSD controller and comes with capacities up to 960GB.
The Savage SSD replaces the successful HyperX 3K SSD and it looks to be worthy replacement with performance figures to go along with it. The sequential speed rating is set to 560MB/s reading and 530MB/s writing while the 4K random read and write speeds are rated at 100K and 89K IOPS respectively.
“We are proud to introduce the HyperX Savage as our latest and fastest SATA-based SSD,” said Tony Hollingsbee, Business Manager, SSD. “The HyperX 3K drive has been a core part of our SSD offerings since 2012, and now with Savage, we are unleashing even higher performance and capacities to satisfy the most demanding consumers, enthusiasts, and gamers.”
The drive also comes with an eye-catching design with its red steel and aluminium case. The 7mm low-profile design allows it to fit into most notebooks and small form factor PCs and it comes in two version, an upgrade bundle kit that includes a USB 3.0 enclosure and the normal one with just the drive.
The HyperX Savage is available now in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities. Overclockers UK has them all in stock and you can get your brand new HyperX Savage 120GB SSD for €69.98, 240GB for £114.98, 480GB for £234.98, and the 960GB will set you back £489.98. For about £10 more you get the upgrade bundles that are perfect for notebook users with limited SATA ports.
HyperX Savage SSD Features and Benefits:
- Performance: incredible speeds for enhanced productivity
- Unique design: stunning red casing to give an edge to the latest PC hardware
- Slim: 7mm thickness to fit in most desktops and notebooks
- Fast and easy migration: all-in-one kit available with premium HyperX accessories, including a handy multi-kit screwdriver and USB 3.0 enclosure for easy installation
- Guaranteed: three-year warranty and free technical support
- Form factor: 2.5″
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities1: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- Controller: Phison PS3110-S10