Intel Alder Lake-S Launch and Release Dates Confirmed?
Mike Sanders / 8 months ago
Following numerous leaks and rumours over the last few months, it’s been well speculated that Intel would formally confirm the launch of its new 12th-gen Alder Lake-S processors before the end of this month with a release likely set for around November 4th-18th (depending on your source). If we’re being totally honest though, very little of this information has come written in stone. – Following a report via WCCFTech, however, an internal roadmap from Intel has seemingly appeared online that seems to categorically confirm both the launch and release schedule for Alder Lake-S processors!
Intel Alder Lake-S Processor
Despite the seemingly legitimate look of the roadmap (given that it’s identical to many Intel documents we’ve seen in the past), we should, of course, point out that this should still not be taken as a 100% confirmation. Such things are, after all, very easy to fake. If the information is indeed proven to be accurate, however, then it reveals a number of key details surrounding Alder Lake-S:
- Alder Lake-S will be officially launched (revealed) on October 27th
- Alder Lake-S will have a general consumer release on November 4th
- The review embargo date will also be November 4th
- It confirms the initial launch models of the i9-12900K, i9-12900KF, i7-12700K, i7-12700KF, i6-26000K, and i5-12600KF (it’s been well documented that lower-tier models would not be expected until Q1 2022)
- It also confirms that initial motherboard models will only include those on the Z690 platform
What Do We Think?
There are clearly still a lot of question marks surrounding Alder Lake-S. However, without a doubt, one of the most consistent has been when they are going to be released and, presuming this information is proven correct, it seems that we have just around 6 weeks to go before we find out just how good (or bad) this new processor platform is. Rest assured though, we’re ready to review this new CPU line-up as soon as our samples arrive. So if you’re curious to see how they do, be sure to keep an eye on our website and social media platforms!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!