IOGEAR Kaliber Gaming HVER Stealth Keyboard Review
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
There are so many great choices for high-end gaming keyboards these days, just be prepared to throw a fat wallet at the problem and you can get one of the latest big-name-brand flagships for around £120-200. Yup, that’s a lot of money, no getting away from that fact! However, there are a lot of great things going on even in more affordable price brackets, as the market has become extremely competitive in recent years. The new IOGEAR keyboard has an MSRP of just $50, but it still packs all the features we have come to expect from much more expensive models. Could it simply be that their brand name can’t command a higher price tag? Despite them having over 20 years in the industry, I suspect that may be the case, but let’s dive in and see what you get for your modest investment!
IOGEAR Kaliber Gaming HVER Stealth
It’s certainly well equipped, with per-key RGB lighting and a fully mechanical design, N-Key rollover, Windows lock, and even some interchangeable gaming caps for the WASD and arrow keys. The switches are a brown switch on this model, so you get a more tactile feel, without the overly clicky nature of a Blue type switch. You still get premium features such as an aluminium frame, edge lighting, and a powerful software suite too, so again, the price is low, but it’s got everything we’d expect from other big-name brands!
- Boxed mechanical switches deliver a response with less keycap wobble
- RGB per-key backlighting with multiple lighting patterns
- Five programmable keys for macro functions, shortcuts and more!
- Full Anti-Ghosting with key rollover, so you never miss a keystroke!
- Kaliber Gaming software to set custom backlighting and keyboard functions
- Double injected keycaps ensure characters will never wear off
- Brushed aluminum chassis adds rigidity and durability
- Windows key lockout prevents menu pop-ups while gaming
- Swap W-A-S-D key functions with arrow keys for MMO gamers
- Heavyweight base for added stability when gaming
- USB connector with braided cable jacket
The Basics for Gaming Done Right
“Kaliber Gaming™ by IOGEAR HVER STEALTH Gaming Keyboard improves on the original RGB mechanical HVER series with updated cosmetic design featuring a rounded and brushed aluminum top plate, 360-degree edge lighting and the namesake hover-style RGB back-lit key. The enhanced brown boxed-style mechanical switches offer accurate, tactile feel while also delivering a quieter but still pronounced keystroke that confirms every actuation. The keyboard also features N-key rollover anti-ghosting technology so you can enjoy reliable gaming without worrying about a keystroke not registering. The HVER STEALTH also features Kaliber Gaming advanced software allowing macro programming and lighting control for a truly customizable experience.” – IOGEAR
Of course, coming from IOGEAR, it’s also Keymander compatible!