Kingston HyperX Launches Savage Series USB 3.1 Flash Drive
Bohs Hansen / 5 years ago
Kingston’s high-end gaming division HyperX launched a new USB thumb drive to replace the popular DataTraveler HyperX drive. The new flash drive to replace it is called the HyperX Savage and continues the performance scheme that we have come to love from the HyperX series.
The new HyperX Savage comes in three capacity version: 64GB, 128GB, and a mighty 256GB version. As it always is with thumb drives, capacity has an impact on performance and the larger drives are faster. The 64GB version is rated for a performance of up to 350MB/s reading and 180MB/s writing while the larger 128GB and 256GB models can write with up to 250MB/s. That’s quite impressive for a USB flash drive.
The new drive is USB 3.1 Gen 1 compliant to suit the newest notebook standards as well as any other USB capable device such as smart TVs and consoles. The relative slim design should prevent too much interference and blocking around the USB port it has been plugged into, which is a big bonus.
The HyperX Savage also looks pretty stylish with its simple black design with a large red X in the middle. It is backed by a 5-year warranty and Kingston’s well-known free live technical support.
- Blazing fast transfer speeds: HyperX Savage delivers blazing transfer speeds of 350MB/s read and 250MB/s write (64GB model delivers 350MB/s read and 180MB/s write) to save time and let you quickly access files with no performance lag. Capacities up to 256GB provide plenty of room to store large files including movies, high-resolution images, music, games and more.
- USB 3.1 Gen. 1 functionality: HyperX Savage is compliant with USB 3.1 Gen. 1 specifications to let you take advantage of USB 3.0 ports in newer notebooks and desktops.
- Bold design: This stylish drive has an aggressive look that complements the latest PCs and consoles. Its sleek black casing is accented with the signature HyperX logo in metallic red.
- Multi-platform compatibility: Use this versatile drive on multiple platforms, including desktops, notebooks and gaming consoles1 including PS4™, PS3™, Xbox One™ and Xbox 360®. Its slim design fits in tight console USB ports and it lets console users quickly transfer their profiles.
- Capacities2: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Speed3: USB3.1 Gen. 1 (USB 3.0)
– 64GB: 350MB/s read, 180MB/s write
– 128GB−256GB: 350MB/s read, 250MB/s write
- Dimension: 76.3mm x 23.48mm x 12.17mm
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Warrant/Support: Five-year warranty with free technical support
- Backwards Compatible: USB 3.0 and USB 2.0