Kingston Launch its IronKey Locker+ 50 USB Flash drive
Mike Sanders / 9 months ago
Kingston has announced the release of its new IronKey Locker+ 50 (LP50) USB Flash drive that provides consumer-grade security with AES hardware encryption in XTS mode to safeguard against BadUSB with digitally-signed firmware and Brute Force password attacks.
The Kingston IronKey Locker+ 50 offers multi-password, Admin and User, options with Complex or Passphrase modes. Complex mode allows for passwords from 6-16 characters using 3 out of 4 character sets, while new passphrase mode allows for a numeric PIN, sentence, or even a list of words from 10 to 64 characters long; along with support for international characters. To reduce failed login attempts during password entry, the “eye” symbol can be enabled to reveal what has been typed. But should a User password be forgotten; the Admin password can be used to access the data on the drive or reset the User password.
Kingston IronKey Locker+ 50 USB Flash drive
The LP50 is designed for convenience with its small metal casing and built-in key loop, along with the optional feature of USBtoCloud (by ClevX ), users can take and access their data anywhere. LP50 is easy for anyone to set up whether you use Google Drive, OneDrive (Microsoft ), Amazon Cloud Drive, Dropbox or Box for your personal cloud storage. Plus, all the software and security needed is already on the drive so no application installation is required, and it works on both Windows and macOS so users can work from multiple systems.
- Hardware-encrypted USB Drive with XTS-AES Encryption: Safeguard important data with built-in protection against BadUSB & Brute Force attacks.
- Multi-Password (Admin and User) Option with Complex/Passphrase Modes: Admin can reset a User password to restore the User’s access to data.
- New Passphrase Mode: Select between Complex or Passphrase password mode. Passphrases can be a numeric PIN, a sentence with space characters, list of words, or even lyrics – from 10 to 64 characters long.
- Automatic Personal Cloud Backup: Access data stored on IronKey Locker+ 50 from your personal cloud storage.
- Additional Security Features: Reduce failed login attempts and frustration by enabling the “eye” button to view the typed password. Use a virtual keyboard to shield password entry from keyloggers and screen loggers.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Capacities: 16 GB 32 GB 64 GB 128 GB
- Connector: Type-A
- Speed: USB 3.2 Gen 1 gives 16 GB – 128 GB: 145 MB/s read, 115 MB/s write
- USB 2.0: 16 GB – 128 GB: 30 MB/s read, 20 MB/s write
- Cloud Services Supported Google Drive, OneDrive (Microsoft), Amazon S3, Dropbox, Box
- Dimensions: 60.56 mm x 18.60 mm x 9.60 mm
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 85°C
- Compatibility: USB 3.0/USB 3.1/USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Minimum System Requirements: Two (2) free consecutive drive letters are required for use
- Warranty/Support: Limited 5-year warranty, free technical support. A 5-year license (upon activation) to USBtoCloud is included with every IKLP50 drive. Upon expiration of the software license, USBtoCloud offers licensing options directly from ClevX.
- Compatible with: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, macOS (v. 10.14.x – 12.x.x)
Where Can I Learn More?
The Kingston IronKey Locker+ 50 is available in capacities from 16 GB – 128 GB and is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. – If you do, therefore, want to learn more, then you can check out the official product website (for all size variants) via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!