Kingston Releases New Gold Series Class 3 microSD Card
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
Ultra HD video recordings take up a lot of space and require a proper performing storage drive to make sure that every frame is recorded. Kingston’s newly announced refresh of its microSD UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) card might be an optimal choice for this. Its performance and form factor make this microSD ideal for 4K recording devices such as GoPro or drones.
The new Gold-series microSD UHS-I U3 card offers enough performance to record 4K video with up to 30 frames per second and 1080p video with up to 120 frames per second. It comes in three different capacity options of 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, which are the most commonly used capacities due to the price-per-GB ratio.
Memory cards offer a lot more protection than other storage devices due to the way they are built. Kingston’s Gold microSD UHS-I U3 is waterproof for up to 30 minutes submerged in 1 meter deep water, it is shock and vibration proofed based on the MIL-STD-883H method 2002.5 military standard, and it can withstand extreme temperatures from -25 degrees to +85 degrees Celcius.
As with all of Kingston’s memory cards, the microSD UHS-I U3 also come with the renowned lifetime warranty and free technical support.
Kingston Gold microSD UHS-I U3 (SDCG) Features and Specifications:
- Incredible performance to capture all life’s experiences: shoot video at up to 30 frames per second in 4K and maximise the footage from your GoPro®, drone or Ultra HD camera. Capture footage at 120 frames per second in 1080P HD and slow down the action to enjoy every second of your latest adventure.
- Form factor: Designed for use with GoPro®, drones, and other 4K cameras that record to microSD.
- Rugged enough to go wherever life takes you: waterproof1, temperature proof2, shock/vibration proof3, X-ray proof4.
- Guaranteed: Lifetime warranty, legendary reliability, free technical support.
- Capacities5: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Performance6: 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write, UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)
- microSD Dimensions: 11mm x 15mm x 1mm
- SD Adapter Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Format: FAT32 (microSDHC 16GB-32GB), exFAT (microSDXC 64GB)
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage: 3.3V
- Warranty: Lifetime