Kingston SDCA3 MicroSDHC/SDXS 64GB Memory Card Review
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
While we attended the Consumer Electronics Show 2015 in Las Vegas, Kingston handed us one of their new microSD UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) 64GB memory cards (SDCA3/64GB) , and today I’m putting this little thing to the test!
The new microSD card is designed for users who either just want that extra speed from their compact storage or actually need it for fluent 4K video recording. The SDCA3 card can read with up to 90MB/s and write with up to 80MB/s which make the endless waiting for file transfers a thing of the past.
“The growing adoption of high-performance cameras and Android-based mobile devices has prompted Kingston to provide fast microSD cards to maximize device performance,” said Valentina Vitolo, Flash Business Manager. “We are confident that our new 90-80MB/s microSD card is built for extreme conditions and users will be able to capture all the memories they want on the card.”
The new cards aren’t just fast, they’re also very rugged and can withstand submersion in 1 meter deep water for up to 30 minutes, offer MIL-STD-883H military standard shock resistance, X-ray protection from both sides, and can withstand temperatures up to 85°C.
Our test sample comes bundled with an SD card adapter, but the card can also be had without for those who don’t need it.
- UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) with up to 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write
- Waterproof, Shockproof, X-ray proof, and temperature proof
- Compatible with microSDHC-SDXC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices/readers; microSDXC cards are not compatible with microSDHC-enabled devices/readers
- SD adapter for full-size SDHC/SDXC uses in DSL-R or DSL-M cameras, 4K camcorders, and other devices
- Lifetime warranty with free technical support
- Capacities5: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Card Dimensions: 11 x 15 x 1 mm
- SD Adapter Dimensions: 24 x 32 x 2.1 mm
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage: 3.3V