Kingston Unveils Impressive DCP1000 NVMe SSD
Bohs Hansen / 12 months ago
Kingston unveiled their latest SSD and what a beast it is. It might look tame in the picture above, but the new DCP1000 deliver impressive capacities as well as performance. The sad news for most of you readers, it is intended for enterprise usage in data centres for tasks such as online transaction processing (OLTP), database optimisation, and virtual desktop infrastructure.
“We are proud to introduce the next generation of PCIe storage and performance for data centres with our new DCP1000 PCIe NVMe SSD,” said Ariel Perez, Kingston’s SSD business manager. “This drive is a game changer among data centre technology solutions. DCP1000 SSD enables IT-professionals to quickly and economically scale and improve performance without replacing an entire storage system or server infrastructure.”
The DCP1000 is built with four 8-channel controllers in one drive, allowing this single SSD drive to perform with an impressive 6800 MB/s. That is over 10 times the speed that an average enthusiast SATA3 SSD does. The write speed isn’t as high, but still very impressive with 6000 MB/s. The drive isn’t short of performance when it comes to random operations either and here it breaks the 1.1 million IOPS when reading 4K and it writes with 200K IOPS.
Currently, three different drive capacities were announced, 800GB, 1.6TB, and 3.2TB – all of them in the half-height half-length (HHHL) form factor which makes them compatible with pretty much any system. Endurance wise, the three models are rated for 748TB, 1500TB, and 2788TB and they all have a mean time before failure (MTBF) of 2 million hours. To round the whole thing of, Kingston backs the new DCP1000 NVMe series with a 5-year warranty.
DCP1000 SSD Features & Specifications:
- Extreme data centre SSD performance: DCP1000 features ultra-fast PCIe Gen 3.0 x8, making it ideal for data centres requiring extreme performance.
- Outperforms legacy architectures: DCP1000 delivers impressive performance with an ultra-low transactional latency.
- High capacity: With up to 3.2TB1, DCP1000 is a high-capacity NVMe solid-state drive.
- Power failure protection: DCP1000 offers enterprise-class power failure protection to maximize uptime.
- Form factor: Half Height Half Length PCIe (AIC)
- Interface: Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe™) PCle Gen 3.0 x8 Lanes
- Capacities1: 800GB, 1.6TB, 3.2TB
- Sequential Read/Write2:
800GB: 6,800 / 5,000MB/s
1.6TB: 6,800 / 6,000MB/s
3.2TB: 6,800 / 6,000MB/s
- Steady-State Random 4k Read/Write2:
800GB: 900,000 / 145,000 IOPS
1.6TB: 1,100,000 / 200,000 IOPS
3.2TB: 1,000,000 / 180,000 IOPS
- Latency: (Typical) Read/Write 100us / 30us3
- Endurance: Terabytes Written (Whole Drive)4
- Endurance: Terabytes Written
- Enterprise SMART tools: reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- Power Consumption: 35W (Active)
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Recommend Airflow: 35°C at 500LFM or 40°C at 600LFM
- Dimensions: 168mm x 69mm x 18mm (exclude mounting bracket)
- Weight: 209g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Power Loss Protection: Yes
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty/support6: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Operational Environments: Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10, Windows® Server 2012 R2, Windows® 7 and Windows® Server 2008 R2 via updates or Hotfix driver download, Linux Kernel 3.3 and higher, FreeBSD 10.x/11, VMware vSphere 6.0 (vSphere 5.5 as download driver)