Latest ASUS TUF Gaming 32″ Fast IPS QHD Monitor Revealed
Peter Donnell / 6 days ago
ASUS has just revealed its latest gaming monitor, the VG32AQL1A. Sure, not the most exciting product name, but that’s hardly uncommon for a monitor, is it?! However, what we do have here is part of the fantastic ASUS TUF Gaming series, so the aesthetics should match up nicely with the (massive) range of TUF Gaming and even TUF Gaming Alliance hardware out on the market already.
TUF Gaming VG32AQL1A Features
- 32-inch QHD (2560×1440) gaming monitor with ultrafast 170Hz refresh rate designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology enables ELMB together with G-SYNC Compatible, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates.
- G-SYNC Compatible ready, delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience by enabling VRR (variable refresh rate) by default.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology with professional color gamut delivers contrast and color performance that meets the DisplayHDR™ 400 certification.
- Supports both Adaptive-Sync with NVIDIA GeForce* graphics cards and FreeSync with AMD Radeon graphics cards *Compatible with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series, GTX 16 series, RTX 20 series and newer graphics cards
“The liquid crystal elements in the ASUS Fast IPS display switches up to 4X faster than conventional IPS panels for swifter response, allowing you to enjoy the latest fast-paced games in all their glory with supersmooth lag-free visuals, even at the highest display settings.” – ASUS
At 32-inches, this monitor is a pretty decent size, and thanks to a tasty resolution of 2560 x 1440, it’s going to deliver a great picture too. However, it’s the main display technologies that will keep things looking even better. You get “Fast IPS” panel technology, meaning it can deliver a stunning 1ms response time, as well as up to 170 Hz refresh rates.
Other technologies include ELMB Sync and Smart Variable Overdrive. You get both FreeSync Premium as well as NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible certification too. Overall, that should result in everyone getting a silky smooth picture, one way or another.
Beyond that, the panel of the VG32AQL1A can do around 300 cd/m2 brightness as standard but can be boosted to 400 cd/m2, and it has been certified for VESA Display HDR 400. There’s a 1000:1 contrast ratio, and it’ll reach 99% of the DCI-P3 colour standard, which is pretty decent, actually.
Overall, it looks like it’s ticking all the right boxes for a great gaming monitor. However, price and availability remain to be seen, but we’re sure we’ll find out soon enough.