Latest Dark Souls 3 Patch Makes Sweeping Changes Ahead of New DLC
Peter Donnell / 7 years ago
Dark Souls 3 is getting a nice improvement today, as the latest patch looks to fix poise. The patch adjusts all of the weapon and armour sets poise values, fixing issues with heavy armour builds, animation improvements, and a whole bunch of other tweaks. It’s expected this update is in preparation of the upcoming DLC, and that can only be a good thing.
- Adjusted poise values across the board. Poise is now more effective for heavier weapons and armor.
- Improved regular attack animations of hammer category weapons.
- Improved regular attack animations of greatsword category weapons.
- Improved regular attack animations of axe category weapons.
- Improved regular attack animations of fist category weapons.
- Improved the “Neck Swipe” weapon skill animation of scythe category weapons.
- Fixed a bug where strong attacks performed using whips would not deal additional damage when fully charged.
- Fixed a bug where strong attacks performed using the Pickaxe would consume stamina multiple times per attack.
- Adjusted the “Onislayer” weapon skill hitbox timings for Onikiri and Ubadachi.
- Adjusted the hitbox timings of the claw category weapon skill “Leaping Slash”.
- Fixed a bug where rolling attacks on Astora’s Greatsword could not be parried.
- Improved the “Wrath of the Gods” weapon skill animation for Wornir’s Holy Sword.
- Improved the “Blind Spot” weapon skill animation for Corvian Greatknife and Handmaiden’s Dagger.
- Improved the “Shield Splitter” weapon skill animation for Mail Breaker and Irithyll Rapier.
- Improved the “Wolf Leap” weapon skill animation for Old Wolf Curved Sword.
- The weapon skill of Old King’s Great Hammer “Molten Perseverence” will now release lava on both hits.
- Improved the “Darkdrift” weapon skill animation for Darkdrift.
- Reduced effectiveness of rolling attack animations on Gotthard Twinswords while dual wielding.
- Increased effectiveness of the sorcery “Pestilent Mercury”.
- Improved the cast animation of miracle “Lifehunt Scythe”.
- Increased poison and toxic buildup of the pyromancies “Poison Mist” and “Toxis Mist”, respectively.
- Increased durability damage buildup of the pyromancy “Acid Surge”.
- Increased duration of the “Warcry” weapon skill.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s lock-on target would automatically change even if “Toggle auto lock-on” was set to “OFF”.
- Fixed a bug where the leader board for Darkmoon Knights would display incorrect statistics.
- Fixed a bug where the fog wall near Holy Knight Hodrick would sometimes not disappear during multiplayer even after defeating him.
- Fixed a bug where Orbeck of Vinheim would sometimes die before the player purchased all his spells.
- Fixed a bug where Patches and Greirat would never return if sent to steal after defeating all bosses.
- Fixed a bug where female characters were subject to counter damage during certain movement animations.
- Fixed a bug where equipping Vordt’s Great Hammer or Irithyll Straight Sword in the left hand would cause enchantments to disappear from weapons in the right hand.
- Fixed a bug where two-handing certain weapons would cause the stealth effect on Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring to not work correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Hornet Ring was not working for claw category weapons.
- Fixed a bug where dash attacks could not be performed using Farron Greatsword.
- Fixed a bug where strong attacks using Lothric Knight Sword were not dealing thrust type damage.
- Fixed a bug where dash attacks using Onikiri and Ubadachi were not dealing thrust type damage.
- Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws.
The update will hit Dark Souls 3 on Friday 21st, bringing the game to version 1.08 ahead of the Ashes of Ariandel DLC which releases on October 25th.