Leak from Major Retailer Reveals Tantalising Nintendo NX details
Ashley Allen / 3 years ago
While Nintendo remains silent less than six months from the expected release of its new NX console, a leak from a supposedly verified source working for a major US game retailer has revealed some interesting new details about the forthcoming gaming hardware, including its price, output resolution, marketing strategy, packaging, and bundle options.
The leak comes courtesy of the Nintendo NX subreddit. Redditor FlapSnapple writes:
We have verified that our source works for a very large retailer. We have verified that this source is in a position to have access to this sort of information. Exact details of what was provided will not be released. We take protecting the identity of our sources very seriously. Our source has added the disclaimer that this is all initial information and subject to change as time goes on.
Note: As part of our responsible leaking policies, we will be re-writing the information we have been provided in our own words in the off chance that the specific verbiage used could help track down our sources identity. I have asked our source to monitor this post to make sure that the content we have re-written on their behalf is still accurate. There may be small edits or corrections as a result.
- “Interact with your game on the go.” phrase seen on a poster.
- Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
- Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
- Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
- Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99
- The NX is currently set to have a bundle option.
- The contents of this bundle is currently unknown.
- Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99
- The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U’s packaging.
- The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
- The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U’s blue and black).
- The packaging still says “NX” however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
- The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.
Features and Specs
- Games will be on cartridges
- 4k streaming has been mentioned – What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
- 1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I’ve heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.
FlapSnapple adds that they are in possession of more information on the NX, but that the sources it comes from are yet to be verified, so we may have even more information incoming over the next few days.