Leaked specifications for the Radeon HD 7950
Andy Ruffell / 7 years ago
AMD’s Radeon HD 7900 lineup holds quite a lot of surprises, last Thursday saw the release of the HD 7970 and Q1 next year should see the dual-GPU HD 7990. AMD is also looking into a more cost-effective HD 7950, dubbed Tahiti Pro.
The leak presents some specs for the HD 7950 to look like this:
- 1792 stream processors, 28 GCN compute units
- 112 TMUs, 32 ROPs (derived)
- 384-bit GDDR5 memory interface
- 3 GB memory, memory clock around 5.00 GHz
- Maximum of 6 display over one DVI, one HDMI and two mini DisplayPort
Still unknown are the core clock speeds, the exact memory clock speed as well as the target price-point. As for the launch date, it’s expected to be the 9th of January, although release date could be some time in February according to some.
The Radeon HD 7950 is one of the more important SKU the Tahiti silicon will be based on, and with the HD 7970 being priced around $550, we’ll have to watch out for the HD 7950.