Lexar’s NM790 SSD With Heatsink Launches With Full PS5 Compatibility
Jakob Aylesbury / 4 months ago
Lexar NM790 SSD For PS5
The NM790 is an SSD capable of high performance speeds of 7,400MB/s sequential read and 6,500MB/s sequential write and random read write speeds of up to 1,100K IOPS. It has been equipped with a heatsink to keep it running cool and to keep it within the size dimensions of the PS5 console allowing console gamers to expand their storage to accommodate some of the newer and bigger games.
“We are thrilled to offer gamers a powerful SSD with an integrated heatsink that allows players to squeeze the full performance out of their PlayStation 5 gaming systems while keeping their consoles cool,” said Joey Lopez, Director of Marketing.
- Compatible with PlayStation®5
- Exceptional performance of up to 7400MB/s read, 6500MB/s write1
- 2x faster than PCIe Gen 3 SSDs2
- Designed with an integrated heatsink to keep gaming rigs cool
- Up to 40% less power consumption than DRAM cache-enabled PCIe Gen 4 SSDs2
- Host Memory Buffer (HMB) 3.0 offers smooth transfer speeds and seamless performance
Price and Availability
The NM790 with Heatsink M.2 2280 PCIe Gen 4×4 NVMe SSD is available now and is compatible with PlayStation 5 as well as desktop and laptop PCs. The 1TB capacity is offered at an MSRP of $79.99 – $71.99 promotional price; the 2TB is offered at an MSRP of $149.99 – $134.99 promotional price; and the 4TB is offered at an MSRP of $229.99 – $206.99 promotional price.