Lian Li Alpha 550 RGB Tempered Glass Chassis Review
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
When we first heard that Lian Li was dropping aluminium for some of their new chassis designs, we were shocked! Of course, it was a good shock. When we also heard that Lian Li would be making one of those chassis with full RGB lighting, a heap of tempered glass panels, and a price tag that’s a fraction of what you would usually expect to pay for a Lian Li product, well, they certainly got our attention.
Enter the Alpha 550, an E-ATX monster, packed full of high-end features and design choices, as one would expect from any Lian Li product. Designed to handle plenty of water cooling, a robust amount of high-end hardware, and decked out with four! tempered glass windows, this thing looks killer both on paper, and in the promo material. Now, let’s grab the box, and take a closer look at it in person!
- A designer case made for motherboards up to E-ATX
- Front, side panels and roof made of 4 mm thick tempered glass
- 3 x 120 mm RGB Fan & RGB LED strip incl. remote control
- I/O-Panel with 2x USB 3.0 / 1x USB 3.1 Type C & HD-Audio In/Out
- Support for two radiators in 360 and 420 mm format
- Vibration absorbing 4x 3.5/2.5 inch & 4x 2.5 inch drive slots
- Compatible with graphics cards up to 40 cm long & CPU coolers up to 17 cm
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official Lian Li product page here.
What Lian Li Had to Say
“The Alpha 550 housing is a midi tower with a particularly good price/performance ratio from the renowned manufacturer Lian Li, which is equipped with many tempered glass elements and well thought-out features. Three pre-installed 120 mm RGB fans, extensive cable management for a clean appearance, readiness for vertical graphic card mounting and extensive watercooling support are just some of the highlights that distinguish the stylish housing.” – Lian Li