Modders Fix Many of Mass Effect Andromeda’s Original Issues
Cernescu Andrei / 3 years ago
Mass Effect Andromeda might be worth playing now.
We all know that BioWare and EA have pretty much abandoned Mass Effect Andromeda, which is a shame really. Even though it wasn’t the most enjoyable game at launch, Andromeda could have been better with a few tweaks here and there. Many users have finished the game even before its first patches, but there were several complaints regarding bugs and glitches. Very few bugs were actually game-breaking, but they did cause some gamers to just give up after a while. Fortunately, a modder that goes by the name of NightWolf2503 has been hard at work creating the Mass Effect Andromeda Fixpack mod. The mod has now reached version 1.3, and so it brings a series of significant gameplay improvements.
What are the main changes?
The modder wanted to change the gender of some of the Turians present at Paradise, on Elaaden. He also did the same for some Krogans in New Tuchanka, in order to make sure that their voices match their appearance. Another important fix involved an issue with Kett respawning at outposts on Voeld and Eos. Furthermore, the requirements for shell filaments required to craft the tier 10 Isharay are now working as intended. Last but not least, he implemented various tweaks for cutscenes, quests, world objects, skills, and profiles. Overall, this mod should definitely make Mass Effect Andromeda more enjoyable.
Those of you who wish to download this mod can do so right here.
Mass Effect Andromeda Fixpack 1.3 Release Notes
- Changed gender of multiple turians at the Paradise, on Elaaden, to match their voice sets.
- Changed gender of multiple krogan in New Tuchanka to match their voice sets.
- Tech Danny Messier will now actually leave the outpost on Eos.
- Prevented enemies at the kett outposts on Voeld and Eos from respawning once the outpost has been cleared.
Codex and Journal:
- Added a missing picture to the journal entry for “Save Dr. Okeer’s Krogan Research”.
Conversations and Cutscenes:
- During “Investigate Remnant Derelict”, the door to the drive core is now open during the cutscene discussing the theft.
- Fixed Ryder’s neck getting twisted in conversations with Jaal at the Cultural Center and the Ancient AI in SAM Node.
- Addison now looks at Ryder during the conversation when establishing an outpost on Kadara.
- Fixed the shell filaments required to craft the tier 10 Isharay.
- Fixed the Pathfinder Ranger being craftable with an automatic fire type augment instead of single fire type.
- Fixed Tempest store restocking to tier 1 gear when loading a save in the research room.
- Task: Gone Dark; angaran bugs inside kett camps on Voeld are now always scannable.
- Task: Cold Hard Cache; prevented the objectives “Defeat the outlaws” and “Prevent the shuttle from leaving Kadara” from being triggered too early, which caused the objective “Travel to the navpoint” to get stuck in the journal.
Skills and Profiles:
- Fixed red outline on enemies from the Infiltrator perk remaining permanent if they are killed while it is active.
- During “Task: Cold Hard Cache”, there will be no invisible leftovers of the shuttle after it was destroyed.
- Fixed remnant container during “Task: Cache Flow” having both the interface and loot option enabled by default.
- Fixed the doors to Peebee’s and Jien Garson’s apartments not getting locked again post-mission completion.
By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow and continue to bring you the latest news, reviews, and competitions. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest technology, share your favourite articles, chat with the team and more. Also check out eTeknix YouTube, where you’ll find our latest video reviews, event coverage and features in 4K!
Check out our Latest Video