MSI MPG A1000G PCIe5 Power Supply Review
Peter Donnell / 1 month ago
MSI is one of the best in the world for high-end PC hardware, with many award-winning cases, coolers, motherboards, graphics cards, monitors, systems, gaming chairs, and much more! Of course, today, we’ll be finding out if they have an award-winning power supply too. However, looking at the overall features and specifications, I certainly have high expectations of this one. It’s capable of up to 1000W, with ATX 3.0 and PCIe 5.0 compatibility, 80 Plus Gold efficiency, and has a plethora of technologies that put it firmly in line with other high-end PSUs on the market.
MSI MPG A1000G
Featuring the latest PCIe 5.0 12VHPWR connector, it’s ready for the latest graphics cards. However, it also comes fully equipped with 105c-rated Japanese capacitors, a DC-to-DC topology, and a suite of protection and stability technologies to ensure excellent performance. There’s also a Fluid Dynamic Bearing fan with Zero RPM hybrid mode allowing for ultra-quiet performance.
- 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFIED – An efficient power supply reduces system energy use & thermal loading; An 80 PLUS Gold rating (up to 90%) is ideal for power-hungry hardware, particularly high-end graphics cards, or demanding games & rendering engines
- ATX 3.0 FULLY MODULAR – With ATX 3.0, the PSU can handle up to 2x total & 3x GPU power excursions, supporting even the most demanding GPUs; A full modular format with flat black cables (storage bag included) helps reduce clutter & improve airflow
- PCIe 5.0 GPU SUPPORT – With the native 16-pin (12VHPWR) PCIe connector, the PSU can feed up to 600W of power to a PCIe 5.0 GPU (NVIDIA & AMD supported); The MPG A1000G PCIE5’s single-railed design provides ample power to the system
- 0% RPM MODE – 0% RPM Mode automatically deactivates the 135mm fluid dynamic bearing (FDB) fan when TDP falls below 40%, which increases energy efficiency & reduces unnecessary noise; A manual button at the rear can disable 0% RPM Mode
- DURABLE DESIGN – A half-bridge LLC with a DC-to-DC converter & active PFC design ensures reliable output (OCP, OVP, OPP, OTP, SCP, UVP protections); Japanese 105°C capacitors provide optimal stability; Includes a 10-year warranty
For in-depth features and specifications, please check out the official product page here.