MSI MAG B760 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 11 months ago
MSI is one of the best in the world for gaming motherboards, and they have something for virtually every need and budget too. While we love their flagship Z790 boards, I mean… who wouldn’t! They’ve been delivering some pretty competitive performance further down the price ranges such as we saw this week with the DDR4 variant of the Z790 Tomahawk! However, they’ve taken the same Tomahawk series and stepped it down to the more affordable B760 chipset for today’s review, and on paper, it looks like it’s going to be a big hit with mid-budget gaming PC builds.
MAG B760 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4
A lower chipset this motherboard may have, but make no mistake, it’s still packing some impressive features. It still supports the same 12th and 13th Generations of Intel processors, it still has PCIe 5.0, and PCIe Gen 4 x4 M.2 slots, and it even has USB 3.2 Gen 2×2. Compared to the Z-series, the maximum memory speed is the same, which is impressive. The VRM configuration is a mere 12+1+1 Duet Rail Power System, but honestly, for hitting boost clocks, that’s plenty. The heatsinks are a little smaller too, which again, is to be expected. The last major difference is the rear I/O with the B-series using more USB 2.0 ports, fewer USB 3 ports, and only having one Type-C port on the back. However, if all you’re hooking up is a keyboard, mouse, headset, webcam, and controller… who cares!
- Supports 12th/ 13th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors for LGA 1700 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 5333+(OC) MHz
- Enhanced Power Design: 12+1+1 Duet Rail Power System, dual 8-pin CPU power connectors, Core Boost, Memory Boost
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 5.0 slot, Lightning Gen 4 x4 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink Design and M.2 Shield Frozr are built for high-performance systems and non-stop work
- AUDIO BOOST: Reward your ears with the studio-grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- High-Quality PCB: 6-layer PCB made by 2oz thickened copper and server-grade level material
For in-depth features and specifications, please visit the official product page here.