MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI Motherboard Review
Ben Enos / 8 months ago
Following our Z590 Motherboard reviews, we are now moving along to the B560 chipset to see what it can offer if you are looking to upgrade to a new Intel 11th Gen CPU. With every new CPU launch, MSI always releases a good variety of motherboards to suit most people’s needs. Whether you are just looking to wet your toes or go full-on enthusiast-grade, MSI generally has a motherboard for you. For those looking to go full-on MSI for their build, you will be happy to know their ecosystem of products is quite large. From motherboards to GPUs and even monitors and cases, MSI has a lot of different products available.
MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI
So, B560! What does it do, and why do you want it? Well, it is a cut down version of Z590 so while it won’t offer all the top-end features, it also won’t come with a higher price tag. B560 still offers WiFi 6e and PCIe 4.0, among other things, to help ensure you are getting the most from your new CPU. ITX boards generally have fewer features as well, so let’s jump in and see what MSI’s MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI brings to the table!
- CPU Support: Supports 10th Gen Intel® Core™, 11th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors for LGA 1200 socket.
- Memory Support: DDR4 Memory, up to 5200(OC) MHz
- Core Boost Technology: Combining 8-pin power connectors and premium layout design, that is ready for unleashing the maximum performance.
- Audio Boost: Isolated audio with a high-quality audio processor for the most immersive gaming experience.
- 8 layer PCB with 2oz Thickened Copper: 8 layer PCB with 2oz thickened copper provides higher performance and long-lasting system stability without any compromise.
- PCI-E Steel Armor: Protecting VGA cards against bending and EMI for better performance, stability and strength.
- Heatsinks with 7W/mK Thermal Pad: 7W/mK thermal pad provides better heat transfer to the heatsink.
- Extended Heatsink: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Pump Fan Support: Control watercooling pump speeds for best flow and noise control.
- M.2 Shield Frozr: Strengthened built-in M.2 thermal solution. Keeps M.2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run faster.
- 2.5G Network Solution: Featuring premium 2.5G LAN with LAN manager delivers better network experience.
- Intel Wi-Fi 6E: The latest wireless solution supports 6G spectrum, MU-MIMO and BSS color technology, delivering speeds up to 2400Mbps.
- DDR4 Boost: The fully isolated DDR circuit to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming and overclocking performance.
- Lightning Gen 4 Solution: The latest Gen 4 PCI-E and M.2 solution with up to 64GB/s bandwidth for maximum transfer speed.
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official Manufacturer Motherboard product page here.
Inside the box, we have a few manuals, a case badge, some stickers a more than likely out of date driver disk and a few other leaflets from the folks at MSI.
As accessories go, there isn’t a whole lot that comes included. We have a WiFi Antenna, pair of SATA cables, a brush, screwdrivers, a couple of screws and a rainbow RGB extension cable.