MSI Release X99A Workstation Motherboard
Peter Donnell / 7 years ago
MSI has just announced the latest addition to its X99 portfolio, the mighty X99A WORKSTATION. Dedicated towards users demanding perfect stability & performance for optimal productivity while in search of a wide variety in connectivity & storage options, the new X99A WORKSTATION is sure to impress. Built from the ground up using Military Class 5 components, the X99A WORKSTATION is optimized to use ECC Registered DIMM (RDIMM) memory while benefiting from enhanced performance & stability through the presence of DDR4 Boost. The X99A WORKSTATION supports the latest Intel processors out of the box, both Broadwell-E and XEON based models. The X99A WORKSTATION motherboard is the perfect multi-tasking powerhouse to cater even the most demanding professional.
- Supports New Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition for LGA 2011-3 socket.
- DDR4 Steel Armor with Best signal stability. Supports ECC Registered memory.
- MULTI-GPU with Steel Armor: Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports Nvidia Quadro® SLI.
- Maximized high speed storage support: Turbo M.2 32Gb/s + Turbo U.2 32Gb/s + SATA-E 10Gb/s
- USB 3.1 Gen2 2X FASTER: USB 3.1 Gen2 offers performance twice as fast as a regular USB 3.0 connection.
- Military Class 5: The latest evolution in high quality components featuring the brand new Titanium Chokes.
- Dual Intel LAN with Teaming: higher networking performance and stability.
- Audio Boost 3: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality
- Guard-Pro: Improved Protection and Power Efficiency
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Overvoltage Protection:Prevent Unforeseen Damage
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning brand new Click BIOS 5 with high resolution scalable font
- Shortcut Manager: Customize every key to suit your needs in one application.
- Windows 10 Ready: 100% Compatibility, Performance, Trusted and Certified.
Military Class VTo be qualified as a true workstation motherboard, optimal & stable data handling needs to be guaranteed, no matter what. By using industries’ highest quality components combined with an unmatched R&D design and extreme QA testing, the X99A WORKSTATION motherboard PCB design has been optimized to do just that. To protect the PCB and its components, besides looking cool an IO & audio cover ensures worry free use. The data and audio signals are also shielded against EMI. Heavy plated heatsinks, with a touch of grey, green and white, are used to ensure perfect operation at even the most extreme conditions. To transfer countless data, a wide variety of storage connecters such as U.2 , M.2 and SATA ports are demanded by most workstation users. The X99A WORKSTATION allows any of the latest and greatest HDD, SSD or other storage devices to be connected.
Fully support ECC Registered DIMM(RDIMM)
ECC RDIMMIn general a workstation is used for business or personal photo & video editing or other content creation. Reliability and stability of data processing and transfer is therefore one of the biggest aspects of any workstation. To minimize errors in data and achieve the best stability, the X99A WORKSTATION is designed to support ECC Registered DIMM (RDIMM) memory, the best solution for professional servers in businesses and data centers.
HIGH-SPEED DATA TRANSFER
Onboard Turbo U.2 and Turbo M.2 is present to support the latest and greatest NVMe SSDs available in the market. Allowing transfer speeds up to 2400 MB/s using a single drive, Turbo M.2 is now protected by unique M.2 Steel Armor to offer better EMI-shielding, it now also supports NVMe based SSD types up to 22110 providing PCI-E Gen3 x4 32Gb/s bandwidth. Through innovative R&D design, it’s now possible to use Turbo U.2, Turbo M.2 and SATA Express at maximum speeds at same time.* The new X99A WORKSTATION also equips 10x SATA III Ports and SATA Express.
2X FASTER USB 3.1 GEN2 TYPE-A & TYPE-C
USB 3.1 Gen2 enables lightning-fast transfer speeds up to 10Gb/s for your convenience when using mobile storage devices. A USB Type-C option allows for all the performance benefits from USB 3.1 Gen2 combined with the convenience of the USB Type-C connector. This reversible connector allows for effortless connecting of USB devices. Perfect for the latest smartphones and great for next generation SSDs and other mobile storage devices. These devices require only the USB Type-C cable for both power and data transfer. Offering a more convenient use for these next generation consumer products.
DDDR4 boost technology with optimized traces fully and isolates the memory circuitry from other components and ensures the memory signal stays pure for optimal performance and stability. It also allows you to pick from a huge number of different memory kits without having any fear of compatibility issues.