MSI Reveals Increased Warranties For OLED Monitors
Jakob Aylesbury / 3 weeks ago
When you’re spending big money on a new monitor, one thing you come to expect is a strong warranty, I mean if a PSU can have a 10 year warranty for half the price, then you come to expect your monitor to also hold strong in that regard. Whilst not quite the 10 years of a PSU, MSI has announced an extension of its warranty specifically for their OLED monitors which covers the burn-in problems that several have experienced with the technology.
MSI Increased 3-Year Burn-In Warranty
One of the biggest issues with OLED displays is Burn-in, effectively static images on the display can burn into it which is a problem for obvious reasons. There are some small solutions to alleviate the issues but not a fix, as right now all we can do is just slow the inevitable.
To give you some added peace of mind with your expensive new OLED display, MSI have introduced a 3-Year OLED warranty which will cover and protect you against burn in within this 3-year period. It comes alongside MSI OLED Care 2.0 which is a suite of cutting edge solutions to provide enhanced protection against Burn-In on OLED displays.
This warranty applies to the following MSI products.
- MAG 271QPX QD-OLED: www.msi.com/Monitor/MAG-271QPX-QD-OLED
- MAG 321UPX QD-OLED: www.msi.com/Monitor/MAG-321UPX-QD-OLED
- MAG 341CQP QD-OLED: www.msi.com/Monitor/MAG-341CQP-QD-OLED
- MPG 271QRX QD-OLED: www.msi.com/Monitor/MPG-271QRX-QD-OLED
- MPG 321URX QD-OLED: www.msi.com/Monitor/MPG-321URX-QD-OLED
- MPG 491CQP QD-OLED: www.msi.com/Monitor/MPG-491CQP-QD-OLED
- MEG 342C QD-OLED: www.msi.com/Monitor/MEG-342C-QD-OLED
Stronger warranties are good to things for us consumers, so long as these companies honour the warranties. Additionally it seems ASUS have also increased their warranty for burn-in, though only for 2 years according to TFTCentral.