MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio Review
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
MSI has long been one of the most high-end gaming brands out there. Their RTX 2000 series cards were easily some of the fastest, and with their Gaming X Trio, I’m expecting a similar result today. Of course, that’s not hard, given the RTX 3090 is set to be the most powerful consumer card on the market, but we’ve got three of them to text today, so the heat is on. The only downside would be the price, as with over 10,000 CUDA cores and a staggering amount of VRAM, these new GPUs are quite expensive. However, if you’re wanting to push to 8K resolutions or do more demanding rendering tasks, the 3090 is very appealing.
MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio
The card is very well equipped, with 10496 CUDA Cores running at 1785 MHz, it’s certainly not going to be slow. Plus, having a whopping 24GB of GDDR6X memory means that extreme workloads and resolutions should be given room to breath. MSI has also equipped the card with their award-winning Gaming X Trio cooler design. That means you get an enormous heatsink with their TORX Fan 4.0 fans for maximum airflow. Overall, it should be one of the cooler and faster cards in the RTX 3090 launch, likely one of the most expensive too.
Boost Clock / Memory Speed
- 10496 Cores @ 1785 MHz
- 24GB GDDR6X @ 19.5 Gbps
- DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4a) / HDMI 2.1 x 1
- PCIe Gen 4
TRI FROZR 2 Thermal Design
- TORX Fan 4.0: A masterpiece of teamwork, fan blades work in pairs to create unprecedented levels of focused air pressure.
- Core Pipe: Precision-crafted heat pipes ensure max contact to the GPU and spread heat along the full length of the heatsink.
- Airflow Control: Don’t sweat it, Airflow Control guides the air to exactly where it needs to be for maximum cooling.
RGB Mystic Light
- Mystic Light gives you complete control of the RGB lighting for MSI devices and compatible RGB products.
- MSI’s exclusive Dragon Center software lets you monitor, tweak and optimize MSI products in real-time.
What MSI Had to Say
“The GeForce RTX™ 3090 is a big ferocious GPU (BFGPU) with TITAN class performance. It’s powered by Ampere—NVIDIA’s 2nd gen RTX architecture—doubling down on ray tracing and AI performance with enhanced RT Cores, Tensor Cores, and new streaming multiprocessors. Plus, it features a staggering 24 GB of G6X memory, all to deliver the ultimate gaming experience.” – MSI