Nintendo Website Goes Down Before NX Reveal
Ashley Allen / 3 years ago
Nintendo was set to reveal it new NX console at 15:00 GMT… only the website went down at 14:55 GMT. Typical Nintendo. The NX reveal was set to be a short video debuting the look and key features of the mysterious console, which is expected for release in March 2017.
Strong rumours suggest the NX will include:
- Custom Nvidia GPU chip
- Region Free (No region lock) <– Confirmed this.
- Sixinch (6.2 inch?) multi-touch screen (Heard nothing about a stylus)
- The touchscreen has 720p resolution. <— 100% Confirmed.
- 32GB of built-in internal storage
- SD card support
- Supports USB 2.0 and 3.0
- The dock hastwo 2.0 usb ports and one 3.0 usb port.
- The device is around14 – 15 mm in thickness.
- The right analogue stick will be below the face buttons.
- Camera and microphone are not built into the NX portable device.
- Cooling is still a little noisy
- Detachable controllers (motion controls and next-gen vibration technology) <– Everything Laura Kate Dalesaid in her articlewas correct.
- Share / Social button that Laura Kate Daleposted is true.
- There are at least two shoulder buttons. I haven’t heard anything yet about triggers.
- Battery Life — Ehhh not great.I haven’t heard an exact number of hours, but it doesn’t sound great.
- Below PS4 and XB1 in raw power.
- Supports Unreal Engine 4 and Unity Engine.