Nvidia 461.72 GPU Drivers – Game Ready With 3060 Support!
Mike Sanders / 7 months ago
Nvidia has today announced the launch of its latest GeForce Game Ready 461.72 WHQL graphics card drivers. Now, as you might expect, one of the biggest key highlights of the update is the formal support being added for the newly released Nvidia RTX 3060. However, with several significant ‘game ready’ optimizations, this is definitely worth checking out!
Nvidia GeForce Game Ready 461.72 WHQL
As part of the update notes, Nvidia has confirmed the following support and fixes within these latest drivers:
Game Ready for Outriders Demo:
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the Outriders demo, NVIDIA DLSS in Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition and Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, and NVIDIA Reflex in Rainbow Six Siege.
Includes support for the
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 GPU
- NVIDIA CMP 40HX
- NVIDIA CMP 30HX
- [G-SYNC][Edge of Eternity/Hitman 2]: The games experience stutter and low FPS when using hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windowed mode. 
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings. 
- [The Isle]: Freestyle is not supported for the game. 
- [VIndictus][GeForce Experience]: The game cannot be recorded. 
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The application crashes when launched on Windows 10 (Version 1803). 
- Wallpaper Engine app may crash on startup or upon resume from sleep. 
- [Blu-ray][HDMI]: Flickering occurs in Blu-ray playback when played over HDMI. 
- Several desktop applications flicker when Vertical Sync is set to the default “Use the 3D application setting”. 
- [Ampere]: Chrome/Edge may experience random TDR while browsing.
- LG CX OLED TVs (2020) are not recognized as G-SYNC Compatible displays.
- [Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may display “no signal” message when enabling NVIDIA Surround. 
- [Notebook]: On some Notebooks, the ‘Maximum Graphics Power’ information missing in the NVIDIA Control Panel > System Information page. 
Where Can I Get This Update?
So, presuming you’re going to make this update (which, if you intend to play the upcoming Outriders demo, certainly sounds like a good idea) you may need some help in how to do that. Well, if you already have the Nvidia GeForce Experience app installed on your PC, a quick check of it should prompt you to update to these latest drivers. – Failing which, you can manually download them (as well as learn more information) via the link here!
What do you think? How often do you update your graphics card drivers? – Let us know in the comments!