Nvidia Adds Security Updates for Meltdown/Spectre with 390.65 WHQL Drivers
Cernescu Andrei / 2 months ago
Nvidia fights Meltdown/Spectre.
We all know that Intel is struggling to keep Meltdown/Spectre under control. However, Nvidia has decided to add its own security updates for these vulnerabilities via its most recent driver packs. The GeForce 390.65 WHQL will help secure your PC against threats, but it will also provide support for NVIDIA Freestyle. Not familiar with Freestyle? It is a very interesting and promising feature that allows gamers to add post-processing filters to their games. Furthermore, a pop-up balloon will now provide warnings regarding eGPU connections. Those of you who enjoy playing Fortnite should know that this driver offers specific optimizations for the game. Additionally, the driver supports ShadowPlay Highlights in Battle Royale mode.
Ultimately, if you want to download Nvidia’s latest driver yourself, you can do so right here.
- Provides the optimal gaming experience for Fortnite, including support for ShadowPlay Highlights in Battle Royale mode.
- Adds support for NVIDIA Freestyle which lets you apply post-processing filters to your games while you play.
- This driver adds security updates to driver components (CVE-2017-5753)
Computer systems with microprocessors utilizing speculative execution and branch prediction may allow unauthorized disclosure of information to an attacker with local user access via a side-channel analysis. For more information on this issue, see the NVIDIA GPU security updates for speculative side channel Security Bulletin posted on the NVIDIA Product Security page
- eGPU – Added a pop-up balloon to alert the user if an eGPU has been connected or disconnected.
SLI Profile – Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Total War: WARHAMMER II
- X-Morph: Defense
- [GeForce GTX 970][Batman Arkham Knight]: Surfaces are rendered incorrectly. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][TITAN X][TITAN Xp][Gamestream]: Artifacts appear when using Gamestream. 
- [Notebook][Fermi GPUs][3D Vision]: Error message pointing to the Stereo driver appears when enabling stereoscopic 3D.