Nvidia GTX 770 Performance Revealed
Ryan Martin / 4 years ago
While we already know the GTX 770 is just a rehashed GTX 680 with some slight performance tweaks, we haven’t really understood what that will translate into in terms of gaming performance, until today. We won’t bore you again with the specifications of the GTX 770 as you can see those here.
Just recently the GTX 770 was benchmarked in comparison to the GTX 680. The GTX 770 in question had 1059 MHz core, 1076 MHz boost and 7GHz effective memory clocks. The GTX 680 had 1006MHz core, 1056MHz boost and 6GHz effective memory. This makes the GTX 770 5% faster in terms of core clock speeds and 17% faster in terms of memory speeds.
This is reportedly the “stock” configuration for all GTX 770s. Unlike the GTX 680 the GTX 770 is now limited to 8GHz effective memory clock not 7.2GHz. This is because it uses HY R2C particles not HY ROC particles for the memory. This means you will be able to achieve better memory overclocks on GTX 770s versus GTX 680s.
The card was tested in a variety of gaming configurations and tests and yielded approximately a 10% performance boost over a stock reference GTX 680. That is stock GTX 770 vs stock GTX 680.
3DMark FireStrike (Extreme):
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770: 3535 Marks
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680: 3150 Marks
3DMark FireStike (Performance):
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770: 7078 Marks
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680: 6331 Marks
3DMark 11 (Extreme):
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770: 3840 Marks
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680: 3411 Marks
3DMark 11 (Performance):
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770: 10693 Marks
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680: 09777 Marks
FarCry 3 (1920×1080):
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770: 70.9 FPS
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680: 79.8 FPS
CRYSIS 3 (1920×1080):
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770: 42.9 FPS
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680: 39.1 FPS
TOMB RAIDER (1920×1080):
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770: 87.3 FPS
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680: 78.3 FPS
The GTX 770 is expected on May 30th at a price point of $399-$449.What are your thoughts on these performance numbers? Is it a real performance increase or just as a result of the higher clocks that the GTX 770 has over the GTX 680?