NVIDIA Releases GeForce 369.00 Drivers for Developers
Cernescu Andrei / 4 years ago
Developers who are working on projects based on the OpenGL API will be glad to know that the company has just released its 369.00 beta drivers. These drivers focus mostly on OpenGL compatibility and new OpenGL extensions, including the “ARB_gl_spirv,” which works on graphics cards based on the Kepler architecture and above. Then there’s “EXT_window_rectangles,” an extension that works fine on GPUs created with the Fermi architecture and above, and finally the “NVX_blend_equation_advanced_multi_draw_buffers,” which require Nvidia’s latest Pascal architecture.
OpenGL 2016 Driver Release Notes
You will need any one of the following Fermi, Kepler, Maxwell or Pascal based GPUs to get access to the OpenGL 2016 functionality:
- Quadro Series: Quadro M6000 24GB, Quadro M6000, Quadro M5000, Quadro M4000, Quadro M2000, Quadro K6000, Quadro K5200, Quadro K5000, Quadro K4000, Quadro K4200, Quadro K2200, Quadro K2000, Quadro K2000D, Quadro K1200, Quadro K620, Quadro K600, Quadro K420, Quadro 6000, Quadro 5000, Quadro 4000, Quadro 2000, Quadro 2000D, Quadro 600, Quadro 410
- GeForce 1000 series: GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060
- GeForce 900 series: GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX Titan X
- GeForce 700 series: GeForce GTX TITAN Z, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730
- GeForce 600 series: GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 630, GeForce GT 620, GeForce GT 610, GeForce 605
- GeForce 500 series: GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 580, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, GeForce GT 545, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 520, GeForce 510
- GeForce 400 series: GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420, GeForce 405
New OpenGL 2016 ARB extension (requires NVIDIA GeForce 600 series or newer GPUs)
New EXT extension (requires NVIDIA GeForce 400 series or newer GPUs)
New NVX extension (requires Nvidia GeForce 1000 Series):
This driver update:
- Fixes an issue in the interaction between the extensions NV_geometry_shader_passthrough and NV_stereo_view_rendering.
- Fixes an issue in the extension NV_command_list.
Now, some of you might argue that OpenGL is becoming outdated and obsolete, especially given the recent success of Vulkan, which has been implemented with great success in games such as DOOM. Still, fresh Nvidia drivers are known to come out quickly, even for an API that’s not exactly the most popular right now. The Nvidia GeForce 369.00 Beta Windows drivers, as well as their Linux counterparts, can be downloaded right here.