Nvidia Reveal Their First Tablet – The Tegra Note
Ryan Martin / 5 years ago
Nvidia has revealed its first ever reference tablet platform – the Tegra Note. The Tegra Note is going to be Nvidia’s reference platform to shift the new Tegra 4 SoC. Nvidia’s Tegra Note is manufactured by Nvidia but will be sold and marketed by Nvidia’s partners.
The Tegra Note uses a 7 inch 1280 x 800 display with a quad core Cortex A15 CPU and 72 core GeForce GPU moulded together to form Tegra 4. The tablet has 16GB of internal storage and a microSD card supporting an additional 32GB. RAM was not disclosed but it is speculated to be 1GB and 2GB by various sources so it could really be either. In terms of cameras there is a rear facing 5MP camera and a front facing VGA webcam. The Tegra Note has a stylus as well as support for the latest version of Android. Nvidia claims the updates for the Tegra Note will be delivered over the air. The Tegra Note has a microHDMI out port for streaming to an TV and Nvidia claim up to 10 hours of HD playback is possible on its battery.
Other features can be seen below, more details can be seen at the Nvidia site.
- Ultra-fast performance — Powered by Tegra 4 with a 72-core GeForce GPU and quad-core Cortex-A15 CPU with a fifth battery-saver core, making Tegra Note the world’s fastest 7-inch tablet.
- Superb stylus — NVIDIA DirectStylus technology transforms a normal stylus into an incredibly responsive experience with finer point and broader stroke control. It also comes bundled with apps for convenient, stroke-based note taking.
- Exceptional sound — NVIDIA PureAudio technology offers rich, deep audio — including the widest frequency range in a tablet — through front-facing stereo speakers with a bass-reflex port.
- Groundbreaking camera — The camera uses Tegra 4’s processing power and Chimera computational photography architecture to deliver stunning new features. Tegra Note also brings SmugMug’s Camera Awesome app — one of the top camera apps on iOS — to Android. Camera Awesome delivers exclusive Tegra 4 features like tap-to-track and 100 fps video with slow-motion playback.
- TegraZone gaming — Delivering unmatched gaming, NVIDIA TegraZone provides easy access to Tegra-optimized games with visual effects that aren’t available on other tablets. Tegra Note also supports a variety of game controllers for console-class gaming.
- Great battery life — 10-plus hours of HD video playback.
- Accessories galore — An intelligent slide cover flips and bends to support and cover the tablet. It also lets the tablet be set up in three distinct positions using built-in magnets for added flexibility. The DirectStylus Pro Pack enables a variety of writing styles with interchangeable tips. And Bluetooth capabilities turn the tablet into a game controller.
Image courtesy of Nvidia