Official Nintendo Switch Console Specifications Posted
Bohs Hansen / 7 years ago
There have been a lot of rumours and leaks on the Nintendo Switch console up until now. A few things have been confirmed earlier, and now Nintendo UK has launched the official Switch console page with almost everything that we’re looking for in regards to the details and specifications.
Among the released information are the full size and weight information, and Nintendo also revealed a full diagram of the device, its connectors, and its ports. We also learn that the video modes previously leaked were correct as well as the microSDXC compatibility – but not how large cards will be supported. However, there is one piece of information missing that we were hoping for and that is regarding the processor. We already knew that the Switch will be powered by a customised Nvidia Tegra SoC, but the exact details on it were and still are unknown.
Nintendo Switch Console Specifications
- Size 102mm x 239mm x 13.9mm (with Joy-Con attached), Please note: 28.4mm at the thickest, from the tips of the analogue sticks to the ZL/ZR Button protrusions.
- Weight Approx. 297g (With Joy-Con controllers attached: 398g)
- Screen Capacitive Touch screen / 6.2 inch LCD / 1280×720 resolution
- CPU/GPU NVIDIA customised Tegra processor
- System memory 32 GB, Please note: a portion of this internal memory is reserved for use by the system.
- Communication features Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compliant) / Bluetooth 4.1 (TV mode only. A wired LAN connection is possible through the use of a commercially available wired LAN adapter.)
- Video output Maximum resolution: 1920×1080, 60 fps. Please note: output via HDMI cable in TV mode. In tabletop mode and handheld mode, the maximum resolution is 1280×720, which matches the screen resolution.
- Audio output Supports linear PCM 5.1ch. Please note: output via HDMI cable in TV mode. Speakers Stereo
- USB terminal USB Type-C terminal. Used for charging or for connecting to the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Headphone mic. Jack Stereo output
- Game card slot Exclusively for Nintendo Switch game cards.
- microSD card slot Compatible with microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC memory cards. Please note: an update via an internet connection is required to use microSDXC memory cards.
- Sensors Accelerometer / Gyroscope / brightness sensor
- Operating environment Temperature: 5 – 35°C / Humidity: 20 – 80%
- Internal battery Lithium-ion battery, battery capacity 4310mAh. Please note: the internal battery cannot be removed. If the battery needs to be replaced, we plan to offer paid replacement via Nintendo Customer Support.
- Battery life Battery life can last for more than six hours, but will vary depending on the software and usage conditions. For example, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly three hours on a single charge.
- Charging time 3 hours approx. Please note: this is the time taken to charge while the console is in sleep mode.
Instead of explaining all the locations in a lot of text, that won’t be very clear, I’ve added all the diagram shots below. You can also head over to the official website and check on the details and functionality there.