Open World Parkour Game Downward Gets Demo
Ashley Allen / 1 year ago
Downward, Caracal Games’ new first-person, open-world parkour adventure game set around the medieval ruins of a post-apocalyptic world, has a new demo available on Steam. The game, which is already in Early Access on Valve’s game distribution platform, has been receiving a lot of positive buzz over the past few months, so now’s your chance to see what all the fuss is about.
Features of the new Downward demo include:
- The Earth’s equilibrium has been destroyed. Use the techniques of wall-jumps, wall-runs, climbs, sprints and more to traverse the altered lands and escape from the many dangers you will face.
- This world is your kaleidoscope. Freely explore and enjoy breathtaking landscapes, reach secret places to collect useful items and hidden treasures.
- Most of the living have perished, but that doesn’t make the world quiet. Dark enemies will wake from their slumber to end your journey.
- Acquiring new abilities will allow you to double your jumps, use a metaphysical slingshot, teleport — all transforming the way you see the world.
- Access a safe world in an astral plane where you can practice parkour and test your might with online leaderboards and weekly contents.
- Command the sky to influence the environment, affecting both visuals and parkour. Access the Merchant’s Lair to study your enemies, prepare to explore, train and also… lay around.
The Downward demo is available for free on Steam, while the Early Access version of the game is currently on sale for £4.89 (30% off).