Surprise Release on the Nintendo Switch
The 2013 survival horror title Outlast has appeared suddenly on the Nintendo Switch eShop ($24.99 USD) to the surprise of fans. Red Barrels, the publisher of the game, initially promised a first quarter 2018 release. It appears that they kept true to that promise, and is following it up with an Outlast 2 release on the Switch as well.
The Nintendo Switch port is called Outlast: Bundle of Terror, as it includes the original game as well as its DLC Whistleblower. That add-on came out a year after the original’s release. Much like the scary creatures you encounter in the game, it appears that Red Barrels wants to create the same surprise element with the Switch release.
What Game Features are on the Nintendo Switch Port?
- True Survival Horror Experience: You are no fighter – if you want to survive the horrors of the asylum, your only chance is to run… or hide
- Immersive Graphics: AAA-quality graphics give players a detailed, terrifying world to explore
- Hide and Sneak: Stealth-based gameplay, with parkour-inspired platforming elements
- Unpredictable Enemies: Players cannot know when – and from where – one of the asylum’s terrifying inhabitants will finally catch up to them
- Real Horror: Outlast’s setting and characters are inspired by real asylums and cases of criminal insanity
When is Outlast 2 Coming out on the Switch?
Red Barrels did not disclose when exactly the sequel is coming out on the handheld console. Although the release trailer shows that it is available for pre-order. The actual product page is not up yet at the time of writing this article. So just watch out for it in the Nintendo eShop for now.
By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow and continue to bring you the latest news, reviews, and competitions. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest technology, share your favourite articles, chat with the team and more. Also check out eTeknix YouTube, where you’ll find our latest video reviews, event coverage and features in 4K!